Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

The pasta isle is ALWAYS hammered, completely empty.

It was one of the first targeted foods when the panic buying kicked in.

I'm of the view the supply chain just cannot get it in fast enough now.

Another thing I heard was given Italy was in lockdown, food manufacturers would have trouble sending out to markets.

We don't use alot but I managed to get 2 packs 3 weeks ago- so at least it is in the house.

17 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

It was one of the first targeted foods when the panic buying kicked in.

I'm of the view the supply chain just cannot get it in fast enough now.

Another thing I heard was given Italy was in lockdown, food manufacturers would have trouble sending out to markets.

We don't use alot but I managed to get 2 packs 3 weeks ago- so at least it is in the house.

Panic Buyer. :hihi:

I've never been massive pasta fan, so I've avoided this!

I think my local shops is great for stock, and the big supermarket nearby has been ok. People adhering to the distancing. Cleaning products for you to clean trolley (although they were doing this with them all anyway)

And though limited stock, I just bought as usual, and most others doing same.

I just hope this continues, and we can all get through this a bit easier.

Edited by *_ash_*

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Panic Buyer. :hihi:

Lol.. I feel guilty now.

Guest makapaka

Little positives.

my daughter has always been a fussy eater. She normally has a different tea to me and my mrs.

not any more - we all cook something we all agree we would like based on what we’ve got in.

She helps cook it and knows what’s going in it and she’s tried all sorts of stuff over last week all which she’s eaten.

People with eating disorders usually focus on one food at a time,the panick buying has been an absolute nightmare for them,Mcdonalds shut,KFC,chippys,many isles stripped in supermarkets,lets not be too judgemental when see someone getting anxiuos and shouting about no chicken nuggets,it maybe thats all they can EAT !

A factor in the queues now is that some people inside the shops ,that have a 30 people at a time measure in place, are in there waltzing around taking their time.

2 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

A factor in the queues now is that some people inside the shops ,that have a 30 people at a time measure in place, are in there waltzing around taking their time.

Some of those you refer to as " waltzing around taking their time" will be people who need that extra time. Some autistic people, for example, need 2 to 3 times longer to complete a task than a neurotypical would require. That applies especially during periods of stress and change. I think while this is going on it is important to not be too judgemental and to remember that not all disabilities are visible.

From all the social media and forums around has anybody read anything from anyone who has bulk bought toilet rolls? If so, what reasons have they given?

22 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

The pasta isle is ALWAYS hammered, completely empty.

It wasn't empty when I was there, though I accept there was only the more expensive products left.

Edited by Justin Smith

13 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Lol.. I feel guilty now.

I dont think buying one extra packet of Pasta will cause  a Global food shortage. :hihi:

38 minutes ago, Justin Smith said:

It wasn't empty when I was there, though I accept there was only the more expensive products left.

I think that when a delivery comes in with pasta on it, the staff are straight on their phones texting their family to get in store for it asap. You can't blame them, we'd all probably do it.