Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Guest makapaka

I went sainsburys at wadsley bridge earlier and it was calm, sensible albeit a lot lower on stock than usual.

still got what we needed in main bar a couple of things which I got from local mini-Sainsburys which barring beer - was pretty much stocked as it would be normally.  

Most main supermarkets have a limit of the number of people in the store at one time and a 2m distance rule in the queue and at checkouts.

Hopefully this puts off the hoarding morons and stock levels return to normal.

53 minutes ago, geared said:

Most main supermarkets have a limit of the number of people in the store at one time and a 2m distance rule in the queue and at checkouts.

Hopefully this puts off the hoarding morons and stock levels return to normal.

Yes I've noticed this now pretty much in all supermarkets- it is the best they can do.

Also saw check out lady take additional units of one product (noodles) away from customer- good to see store staff are implementing the rules.

Seems to have got a bit hectic again. People queuing outside Asda in Walkley around the corner onto Highton Street up to Orchard road. Also queuing outside Beeches.

My son doorstep delivered the half dozen items I needed. Said no problem getting anything, he included a bottle of wine and chocolates so party for one tonight 😀

53 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Seems to have got a bit hectic again. People queuing outside Asda in Walkley around the corner onto Highton Street up to Orchard road. Also queuing outside Beeches.

That may be the system in place.

Stores have put in a queue system- one in/ one out.

4 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Yes I've noticed this now pretty much in all supermarkets- it is the best they can do.

Also saw check out lady take additional units of one product (noodles) away from customer- good to see store staff are implementing the rules.

Unfortunately it's not the panic buying morons who are standing waiting in the queue.

It's the one's who didn't stuff their trolleys.

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

That may be the system in place.

Stores have put in a queue system- one in/ one out.

Went to Asda over an hour ago and it was fine with five people outside before me. They’ve got a good system in place which involves going down each aisle in order and going around again if you forget anything. I thanked a few members of staff for what they were doing. I feel a bit sorry for Chris Beech, it’s virtually impossible to put a system in place in his shop due to the layout. It was nice to see his old namesake back behind the counter today.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Went to Asda over an hour ago and it was fine with five people outside before me. They’ve got a good system in place which involves going down each aisle in order and going around again if you forget anything. I thanked a few members of staff for what they were doing. I feel a bit sorry for Chris Beech, it’s virtually impossible to put a system in place in his shop due to the layout. It was nice to see his old namesake back behind the counter today.

Yes I saw in one branch black tape in form of arrows directing shoppers- but not easy to follow or implement 100%

Went to Morrisons on Thursday evening, Ecclesfield, straight in got me beer allowance....then went to Asda to top up, big queues at Asda so didn't bother.

Just done the same, Morrison's massive queue right round the car pk, didn't bother.. thought I'll have a look at Asda, would you believe it straight in and out.. exact opposite to last night :huh:

4 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

it’s virtually impossible to put a system in place in his shop due to the layout. 

This is the basic problem with most any retail store.  They're not setup to be spacious, thats just wasted money.  

The larger the store the more the council will charge you rates, so the more customers you need through the door.

Now they're trying to intentionally limit the number of customers, it creates a queue to get in, as people just expect to walk in the place regardless.

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s there system for getting people in and out - not panic buying. They’re doing a good job there by all accounts.

i can’t face queuing to go in a supermarket - feel daft but my anxiety levels through roof - only cos personally I suffer a bit from that kind of thing and anything out of the ordinary makes me go daft. My issue.

just go local mini supermarket - in and out and back home.