Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

i can't remember the exact details but I saw a picture on facebook yesterday of a supermarket in Scandinavia that had a sign under the toilet rolls saying something like buy 1 for £5.00 or buy 2 for £100.00

They were playing Poker somewhere, can't remember where.. but they were playing with toilet rolls as the stakes.

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Like thats going to happen, the reason the cupboards are bulging in the first place is because the majority of these people are selfish,  so I cant see them givin owt away.   :suspect:

Yeah your right, wishful  thinking.

8 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

As I said earlier, the government could reduce this panic buying significantly if they announced that shopping for food (and the supply chain to the food shops) will not, under any circumstances, be disrupted. And they'd just be stating the obvious there because it cannot be disrupted almost no matter what the reason. We all have to eat, if we don't eat it won't be  a 1% death rate it'll be 100%.....

They did say this in not so many words on Saturday lunch time.

I'm guessing we may have panic buying again tomorrow after tonights announcement.

Just now, Brooker11 said:

They did say this in not so many words on Saturday lunch time.

I'm guessing we may have panic buying again tomorrow after tonights announcement.

That might be why the announcement was at 8:30 and not 5pm.

That said I’ll wager a lot of the selfish panic buyers were selfishly heading to the coast this weekend.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

That might be why the announcement was at 8:30 and not 5pm.

That said I’ll wager a lot of the selfish panic buyers were selfishly heading to the coast this weekend.

I haven't queued in one supermarket or turned up at silly o clock, nor bought anything over and above what I would normally buy in  a weekly shop, we've eaten our usual freshly cooked meals each evening (all very god), had ample cleaning products and other essentials, I've had to substitute say a chicken dish for a pork one as chicken has not been readily available other than that its been business as usual, there really has been no need for this nonsense.

Just now, Brooker11 said:

I haven't queued in one supermarket or turned up at silly o clock, nor bought anything over and above what I would normally buy in  a weekly shop, we've eaten our usual freshly cooked meals each evening (all very god), had ample cleaning products and other essentials, I've had to substitute say a chicken dish for a pork one as chicken has not been readily available other than that its been business as usual, there really has been no need for this nonsense.

My weekly delivery has been missing loads. 

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

My weekly delivery has been missing loads. 

I've tended to use local shops for the last two weeks and been able to get 90% of my usual purchases.

7 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I've tended to use local shops for the last two weeks and been able to get 90% of my usual purchases.

Aldi fare a bit better and co-op as well.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Aldi fare a bit better and co-op as well.

I've used the really small sole traders as well, butchers, bakers, greengrocers, all have had plenty of stock up to a point.

9 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Likewise no panic buying has been needed, I've been able to buy all our normal foods and I haven't queued either, I shop daily for two of us, according to my transactions most I've spent is £5.50 in a day spent £60 for the last 2 weeks and another £20 spent on the pets food, we always keep a good stock of food and shop each week just to top up.

There is nothing virtuous about going to many different local shops, shopping daily, or even weekly.

The PM has just popped your anti preparation balloon with the following instruction:

"People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible"

Edited by fools

2 minutes ago, fools said:

There is nothing virtuous about going to many different local shops, shopping daily, or even weekly.

The PM has just popped your anti preparation balloon with the following instruction:

"People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible"

People who haven't got a car are going to be shopping more frequently and might well be unable to get to supermarkets.