Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

48 minutes ago, steve68 said:

You should  maybe contact your G.P,  My G.P put all my Hospital home care drugs on my G.P prescription  list but can't be ordered via G.P they read  **********hospital only do not dispense********** 

There are no records of my hospital treatments on my GP records, I just checked.

Looks like I will have to wait untill 29th of March before contacting my GP according to current guidelines.

17 hours ago, fools said:

Why are the people who prepare for the inevitable being castigated?   "Greedy, selfish, idiots" etc. You are probably doing the same.

Every single visit to the supermarket increases your risk of being infected, or passing on the infection.  Any vaccine is at least a year away. The vulnerable are being advised to isolate for 12 weeks, and everyone is being told to avoid all unnecessary human contact.

If you are in a financial position to do so, you'd be stupid to not fill up your trolley in order to limit your risk of dying prematurely. Who are we to judge other peoples trolley contents, they could be buying for 10 people, or have IBS.

Any ire should be saved for the supply chain, and the retail outlets, empty shelves increases anxiety. We are told there is plenty of food, plenty of toilet roll, so why isn't it on the shelves.

Limiting opening times and rationing essentials to silly levels increases the risk to everyone. They should be expanding opening times if anything, to spread out the influx of customers.

£30 a day limit is a ridiculous idea, as is no trolleys -  family of 4, you are going to have to go shopping 200 times a year with such a limit.

Your trying to defend the indefensible, even if someone fills their trolley to the top they'll still have to return for perishables within in a few days, your post is nonsense.

48 minutes ago, ptathion said:

There are no records of my hospital treatments on my GP records, I just checked.

Looks like I will have to wait untill 29th of March before contacting my GP according to current guidelines.

That seems very strange considering nearly all hospital referrals, treatment updates and certainly discharge notices are corresponded through the GP surgery.

That's normally how people get hospital referrals in the first place.  Hospitals will then usually correspond with GPs to advise of the outcome and next steps after treatment with the GP.

I find it hard to believe there is not something in your records.    I would have a discussion with either the treating physicians office or the surgery if its something you need to request. 

19 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I find it hard to believe there is not something in your records.    I would have a discussion with either the treating physicians office or the surgery if its something you need to request. 

I don't find it hard to believe at all, I have been with this GP for just 2 or 3 years yet my records only go back just over 1 year, the hospital consultant I have now been seeing for around 25 years.

Perhaps I just don't have access to all of my records or the communications between the hospital and my GP, although I do usually get copies of those letters.

44 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

That seems very strange considering nearly all hospital referrals, treatment updates and certainly discharge notices are corresponded through the GP surgery.

That's normally how people get hospital referrals in the first place.  Hospitals will then usually correspond with GPs to advise of the outcome and next steps after treatment with the GP.

It does sound strange but I can confirm in my case,

I've always had to mention about the biological treatments if I'm  seeing new G.Ps or healthcare professionals.

I've been on these biological drugs since 2013 which the hospital dispenses via 2nd party healthcare providers.

it's only since last month 25th Feb 2020 that its been added to my G.Ps  records of prescription  drugs, it's now on record,. Obviously it's mentioned in hospital reports that are sent to the G.P surgery, but prior to  this year, it wasn't available on my Summary Patient Record  which list my allergies and prescription medications.

they will use the hospital database as well as GPs to find the most vulnerable that need the assistance.

Edited by steve68

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Your trying to defend the indefensible, even if someone fills their trolley to the top they'll still have to return for perishables within in a few days, your post is nonsense.

This isn't the 17th century, we've got freezers, tins, jars, dried food, all last ages. Adapt or die.

Edited by fools

22 minutes ago, fools said:

This isn't the 17th century, we've got freezers, tins, jars, dried food, all last ages. Adapt or die.

I'll keep this for later.

Guest makapaka

I think there needs to be some considered thought here.

there have been instances of panic buying all over the world - but it isn’t happening in Lombardy - where hundreds of people are dying each day.

We are used to eating what we want - when we want. so we have a fridge full of food but fancy a curry so buy one on way home. 

How many of us have had stuff in freezer for so long we forgot when we bought it? Use it.

Just be sensible - the only chance of you not been able to get food is if demand outstrips supply - so if you’ve got stuff in - eat that. 

If you’re running short - go the shops.

The empty shelves are a stress for everyone. We don’t need to have them if we are sensible.

come on folks - we need to use our noodle.

19 hours ago, fools said:

Why are the people who prepare for the inevitable being castigated?   "Greedy, selfish, idiots" etc. You are probably doing the same.

Every single visit to the supermarket increases your risk of being infected, or passing on the infection.  Any vaccine is at least a year away. The vulnerable are being advised to isolate for 12 weeks, and everyone is being told to avoid all unnecessary human contact.

If you are in a financial position to do so, you'd be stupid to not fill up your trolley in order to limit your risk of dying prematurely. Who are we to judge other peoples trolley contents, they could be buying for 10 people, or have IBS.

Any ire should be saved for the supply chain, and the retail outlets, empty shelves increases anxiety. We are told there is plenty of food, plenty of toilet roll, so why isn't it on the shelves.

Limiting opening times and rationing essentials to silly levels increases the risk to everyone. They should be expanding opening times if anything, to spread out the influx of customers.

£30 a day limit is a ridiculous idea, as is no trolleys -  family of 4, you are going to have to go shopping 200 times a year with such a limit.

You have just voiced one of the many strange anomalies of the advice being given to the public which is confusing people 

As I've said before it doesn't add up. Something's wrong somewhere.

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I think there needs to be some considered thought here.

there have been instances of panic buying all over the world - but it isn’t happening in Lombardy - where hundreds of people are dying each day.

We are used to eating what we want - when we want. so we have a fridge full of food but fancy a curry so buy one on way home. 

How many of us have had stuff in freezer for so long we forgot when we bought it? Use it.

Just be sensible - the only chance of you not been able to get food is if demand outstrips supply - so if you’ve got stuff in - eat that. 

If you’re running short - go the shops.

The empty shelves are a stress for everyone. We don’t need to have them if we are sensible.

come on folks - we need to use our noodle.

I agree with this, and I'd have thought everybody would've got enough by now. Still can't understand the fixation with toilet rolls....

Guest makapaka
13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You have just voiced one of the many strange anomalies of the advice being given to the public which is confusing people 

As I've said before it doesn't add up. Something's wrong somewhere.

I agree with this, and I'd have thought everybody would've got enough by now. Still can't understand the fixation with toilet rolls....

You’ve got to go somewhere to get food tho.

it has to be the supermarket - if they said don’t go out to buy food from supermarkets the immediate question would be - where do i get it from then?

We can only limit contact - we can’t prevent it entirely unfortunately.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

it has to be the supermarket - if they said don’t go out to buy food from supermarkets the immediate question would be - where do i get it from then?

Cause a panic with the help of the media, then bring in Draconian laws to deal with it - going through parliament Monday.

4 hours ago, fools said:

If you think all the people are out buying that kind of thing in bulk then your even more delusional than I thought.

3 hours ago, makapaka said:

No ones saying don’t go, they are saying buy sensibly when you do.