Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

47 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

It's another unknown symptom of coronavirus, as well as the squits, it turns you into an alcoholic.  ;)

Dont forget to add you must take you must take 2 paracetamol every 4 hours even if you have to fight people for them

8 hours ago, Padders said:

How are the food manufactures going to keep up with this demand, surely they will run out of supplies soon, then us that haven't stockpiled will starve.

Please Padders don't  cause anymore  panic.

I've discovered the answer to the loo roll drought.  😄 There is a direct correlation  between the amount of toilet paper you get through, and the amount of food you eat. GO ON A DIET. Take this opportunity to leave food on shelves for everyone else!  Remember old folk don't have large freezers, and they often shop fresh daily so they can actually speak to a human being. They are not well prepared in a practical sense for self-isolation.  They haven't got the storage capacity in their small fridge frreezers. They need food daily.  Be kind  and not selfish. Take people to task when you see them overbuying. Shame them publicly as I do.

Iv'e now been converted to a recognised panic buyer,

That's when I can find something to panic buy.

2 hours ago, kay1 said:

Dont forget to add you must take you must take 2 paracetamol every 4 hours even if you have to fight people for them

Paracetamol may get rationed before long, if people are currently panic-buying it.

By now it is rationed most elsewhere on the Continent (France, Spain and Italy for sure, today I've heard Belgium may be too).

There's plenty of manufacturing capacity, but the problem is leadtime and reduced distribution capacity (and extended delivery times, lots of ad hoc checkpoints on roads, m'ways and borders), once the stocks already in the retail/distribution channels begin to run dry.

If people stayed sensible, really there'd be no need for rationing anything, officially or through public shaming.

Edited by L00b

Ready, Steady, Cook is going to be interesting to watch. 

Here you go, my 3 ingredients are a Pot Noodle, a tin of Whiskers & some cotton buds. 

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Ready, Steady, Cook is going to be interesting to watch. 

Here you go, my 3 ingredients are a Pot Noodle, a tin of Whiskers & some cotton buds. 

you'll be lucky

27 minutes ago, L00b said:

Paracetamol may get rationed before long, if people are currently panic-buying it.

By now it is rationed most elsewhere on the Continent (France, Spain and Italy for sure, today I've heard Belgium may be too).

There's plenty of manufacturing capacity, but the problem is leadtime and reduced distribution capacity (and extended delivery times, lots of ad hoc checkpoints on roads, m'ways and borders), once the stocks already in the retail/distribution channels begin to run dry.

If people stayed sensible, really there'd be no need for rationing anything, officially or through public shaming.

Spot on as per usual.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

I’ve heard a lot of it is made in India and they’re hanging on to it. Is there any truth in that?

10 hours ago, L00b said:

One thing we could all do, and that's use a bit less of everything. I put a bit less milk on my cereal, a bit less orange in my glass, use a bit less toothpaste, etc, and, with relevance to paracetamol, if I've got a mild headache I don't bother taking anything for it. Interestingly, the headache seems to clear up anyway, so I wonder how many people take stuff for a headache, or whatever,  and it actually makes no difference !

Edited by Justin Smith

If anyone is thinking of going to The Moor Market, you'd better get a shift on. 

First time I can recall queues outside.  10 mins later the place is rammed.  Most of the counters have large queues. 

And if anyone is thinking of going to Sainsbury's over the other side of The Moor from the market, unless they have a large number of deliveries today, I wouldn't bother shopping there.  Absolutely hardly anything in. 

A new message from the Sainsbury's Chief Executive Mike Coupe,

An increasing number of you have told me that you're not always able to get the items that you need when you need them. 
From Monday 23rd March, we are consolidating our opening hours and all our supermarkets will be open from 8am to 8pm, Monday-Saturday, including those with an Argos store. 
Sunday opening, Sainsbury’s Local and petrol station opening times will stay the same.
Some of you also said we should extend this to members of our hardworking NHS and Social Care workers. And we will be doing just that.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all our supermarkets will dedicate 8am - 9am to serving elderly, disabled and vulnerable customers, as well as NHS and Social Care workers. 
They will just need to show us their pass or ID when they visit. We will be working to keep our shelves well stocked and would encourage customers to arrive throughout the hour to prevent queues forming and to help everyone keep a safe distance.
To keep our colleagues safe, I need to ask again for your help. Please do your best to stand one metre away from colleagues in our stores where you can. And we would prefer you to pay with card rather than cash at our tills. Please also treat our colleagues and other customers with kindness and respect.
Best wishes, Mike

Edited by Green Slime
Bolded some text