Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just been to ASDA parson cross, no bread..

I did a shop 2 days ago, plenty in the shelves at ASDA manor top and LIDL down prince of wales road. Maybe situation is different now...

I got bread this afternoon from Beres.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Where have you been looking? Practically everywhere I’ve been I’ve seen loads of bread on the shelves.

Not in Lidl yesterday, and why are all the eggs getting snapped up,

they don't  keep that long.

Edited by jaffa1

I'm pretty sure were seeing a domino effect, the more people who panic buy , the more will follow suit, 

Just now, Padders said:

I'm pretty sure were seeing a domino effect, the more people who panic buy , the more will follow suit, 

It's spreading faster than the virus..take me for example, Just been to ASDA and their just about sold out of everything, empty aisle after aisle.. Make no mistake the next time I find what I want, I'm going to stock up 10fold.

11 hours ago, Padders said:

:huh:.

Every time my daughter visits from London,  she uses a full roll every time she goes to the toilet, I always stock up when I know she is coming.

A full roll? My she must have a big bum.

I remember when there was a toilet roll shortage some years ago but I cannot remember the reason for it but being a member of the Dial House Club we use to visit at the weekends. The committee found out that the ladies were pinching the rolls and putting them in their handbags.

They had a meeting and decided  that when the ladies went to the loo they had to go to the chairman's little box and ask for paper, he use to tare them two squares off.

True story  wouldn't happen today. How embarrassing  was that.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Some people are buying up supplies and reselling them at inflated prices. (BBC 6.0pm News.) 

IMO, anyone caught profiteering in this manner during a National crisis should be reported and arrested immediately.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Who are these people who are buying groceries at inflated prices?  I think there is a lot of nonsense being spouted. I acknowledge panic buying has happened but I don't believe there is a big black market trade because of the current situation.

£19 for a bottle of Calpol and £9  for a packet of Paracetamol.  (ITV News at Ten.) 

And that's a Pharmacy, not some dodgy bloke selling knock-off sanitiser from a suitcase or the back of a van. . .

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

£19 for a bottle of Calpol and £9  for a packet of Paracetamol.  (ITV News at Ten.) 

And that's a Pharmacy, not some dodgy bloke selling knock-off sanitiser from a suitcase or the back of a van. . .

£9 for paracetamol.  I gave some away yesterday to someone that couldn't get any.  They were just sat in my cupboard doing nothing (the paracetamol, not the person:hihi:).    Hopefully if someone has something like this they will share with whoever needs it. 

Glad I got my 3 for a £1 last week!

2 hours ago, jane2008 said:

£9 for paracetamol.  I gave some away yesterday to someone that couldn't get any.  They were just sat in my cupboard doing nothing (the paracetamol, not the person:hihi:).    Hopefully if someone has something like this they will share with whoever needs it. 

Good for you, I agree entirely.

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

Didn.t the head office say "this was an error with pricing" and refunded people?? Also if you do find anyone trying to sell at inflated prices why dont we name and shame them

13 minutes ago, kay1 said:

Didn.t the head office say "this was an error with pricing" and refunded people?? Also if you do find anyone trying to sell at inflated prices why dont we name and shame them

I seriously hope any traders doing this are remembered and boycotted once normality returns.