Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

A friend of mine told me she went to Curry’s PC World in Gateshead and the salesperson said there has been a big rise in freezer sales, especially chest freezers because of the coronavirus. 

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

Tesco have put a very strong and in my opinion,  sensible message out.

It's on their FB page and other social media.

Looks like they have accepted things are not normal and not going to be that way in the near future.

No more multi buys, 3 items per customer, reduced trading hours, closure of some areas of the store (deli, fresh), elderly to be given better access, use card payments where you can and some other pointers.

Summary- work together and we will all be ok.

Working together would be easy if everyone had the same idea but regardless of how much we like to preach about being kind to each other , helping each other out and keeping calm through any problems we have, at the last second the vast majority have the same "screw them as long I'm alright" mentality. We can clearly see it happening. Poor behaviour from the public if you ask me. I went to Aldi this afternoon, there was quite a lot if stuff there actually but the tinned stuff had gone and quite a lot of fresh meat, but the freezers were a lot more full than I expected. 

7 hours ago, geared said:

Did you take a picture or anything?

Thats exactly the sort of thing trading standards are going to come down hard on.

What exactly are trading standards going to do? Shopkeeper paid  a premium to get loo roll in stock and is passing cost on to his customers so no  offence committed.

I own a shop by the way and no cash and carry’s had toilet roll, hand sanitiser, paracetamol or ibuprofen just to name a few items but if I got hold of some and paid extra then I would also pass the extra cost on to the customer. 

Can anybody explain where the people who are stacking thier trolleys up day after day are getting the money from to do this, Just hope for thier sake they are not using credit cards Live within your means and stop this panic buying.

3 minutes ago, kay1 said:

Can anybody explain where the people who are stacking thier trolleys up day after day are getting the money from to do this, Just hope for thier sake they are not using credit cards Live within your means and stop this panic buying.

Well,

Supermarket is about the only place left open to spend money, everywhere else is shut..

12 minutes ago, John said:

Calculator for how long toilet paper last 

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

:huh:.

Every time my daughter visits from London,  she uses a full roll every time she goes to the toilet, I always stock up when I know she is coming.

STOP PANIC BUYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All these people bulk buying are causing problems for the old, vulnerable people with eating disorders...

People with gluten intolerance like me are struggling to buy bread..

Supermarkets don't have a large stock of this bread as it is..

Supermarkets should restrict everyone to one item of each product........

People are acting as though the world is coming to an end...................And some people just don't care about others..

Went to Morrisons this morning and it was MANIC, worse than Christmas.

One old bloke in front of me was coughing his guts up, spreading germs all over, didn't bother covering his mouth...

12 minutes ago, alandrea0 said:

STOP PANIC BUYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All these people bulk buying are causing problems for the old, vulnerable people with eating disorders...

People with gluten intolerance like me are struggling to buy bread..

Supermarkets don't have a large stock of this bread as it is..

Supermarkets should restrict everyone to one item of each product........

People are acting as though the world is coming to an end...................And some people just don't care about others..

Went to Morrisons this morning and it was MANIC, worse than Christmas.

One old bloke in front of me was coughing his guts up, spreading germs all over, didn't bother covering his mouth...

Only one solution Alan,

BRING BACK THE RATION BOOKS.

48 minutes ago, Padders said:

:huh:.

Every time my daughter visits from London,  she uses a full roll every time she goes to the toilet, I always stock up when I know she is coming.

Gosh!!

A full roll??

I limit how much is used.

2 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Gosh!!

A full roll??

I limit how much is used.

Think she is nicking em.

6 hours ago, mafya said:

What exactly are trading standards going to do? Shopkeeper paid  a premium to get loo roll in stock and is passing cost on to his customers so no  offence committed.

I own a shop by the way and no cash and carry’s had toilet roll, hand sanitiser, paracetamol or ibuprofen just to name a few items but if I got hold of some and paid extra then I would also pass the extra cost on to the customer. 

That's common sense if you paid more, you usually have to cover that extra cost- but some retailers are taking it too far.

Just reading from reports and also seeing some live situations- no need for businesses to take extra advantage.

In particular if suppliers have not increased prices.

Just now, Padders said:

Think she is nicking em.

Yeah lol.

At this rate you will be dried out, given the shortage of loo roll, I'd take stricter measures.