Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

That’s there system for getting people in and out - not panic buying. They’re doing a good job there by all accounts.

i can’t face queuing to go in a supermarket - feel daft but my anxiety levels through roof - only cos personally I suffer a bit from that kind of thing and anything out of the ordinary makes me go daft. My issue.

just go local mini supermarket - in and out and back home. 

My local co-op was business as usual last weekend but I haven’t been out this week to see if it’s still like that. The whole queuing thing looks odd to me - somewhere between soviet bread queues and a disaster film/distopian future.  I’m going to try and manage  with the delivery’s I’ve got booked in.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

My local co-op was business as usual last weekend but I haven’t been out this week to see if it’s still like that. The whole queuing thing looks odd to me - somewhere between soviet bread queues and a disaster film/distopian future.  I’m going to try and manage  with the delivery’s I’ve got booked in.

That’s me mate. See shop with all people holding a trolley with masks on and think - I’ll be alright for another day or 5

4 hours ago, makapaka said:

That’s there system for getting people in and out - not panic buying. They’re doing a good job there by all accounts.

i can’t face queuing to go in a supermarket - feel daft but my anxiety levels through roof - only cos personally I suffer a bit from that kind of thing and anything out of the ordinary makes me go daft. My issue.

just go local mini supermarket - in and out and back home. 

Actually it's many other people's issue as well. Many autistic people cannot deal with queues and, especially for those who are socially isolated, and they are not able to buy food. This will worsen as the govt increase restrictions on how long a person can be outdoors for. Yesterday it took me 3 hours to buy a few basics by walking to supermarkets, seeing the queues, walking to the next supermarket etc. I ended up in town before I found one without a queue.

Then of course, you're restricted to 2 or 3 items. 

These measures will and are affecting many autistic people disproportionately, having profound consequences on their mental health. High functioning autistic people had a 9 times higher rate of suicidality before the coronavirus measures, it is scary to think of what is going to happen now.

The alternatives that are suitable for most of the population such as family helping out, or using delivery services, are not workable for many socially isolated autistic people who are unable to deal with telephones. email, internet etc.

Went to Tesco Leytonstone today. Had to que to get in but didn't have wait too long.  Was nice and calm inside everybody was just quietly walking around getting there items. Didn't see anyone complaining and everyone was trying keep a safe distance between each other.

Well what a surprise, no one saw this coming did they, apart from the people that didn't go out panic buying because they knew that you can only freeze so much of your food so no point buying it if it will be thrown away. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/outrage-as-bins-overflow-with-brits-out-of-date-food-bought-in-coronavirus-panic/ar-BB11QPyP?ocid=spartandhp

Let's hope the government takes note about  panick bying and bring in new rules holding shops responsible who are after a quick buck It's the shops that should clamp down limiting goods 

40 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Well what a surprise, no one saw this coming did they, apart from the people that didn't go out panic buying because they knew that you can only freeze so much of your food so no point buying it if it will be thrown away. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/outrage-as-bins-overflow-with-brits-out-of-date-food-bought-in-coronavirus-panic/ar-BB11QPyP?ocid=spartandhp

That's terrible and shame on the ppl who have binned all this food.

I'm sure it will be similar in other cities where like minded idiots stockpiled.

How the food banks could have done with some of this food or even to homeless.

I have been putting off visiting Morrisons (Hillsborough), the sight of queues and empty shelves would be too depressing, that's why I been shopping (quite successfully it must be said) at smaller shops. However, this morning, I needed some stuff only Morrisons sells, I can report there were no queues, and minimal empty shelves. Is panic buying over now ? Thank Gawd.....

34 minutes ago, Justin Smith said:

I needed some stuff only Morrisons sells, I can report there were no queues, and minimal empty shelves. 

The pasta isle is ALWAYS hammered, completely empty.

I sometimes like a cream cracker with a bit of cheese on it...I live alone and only shop for one...No cream crackers for 5 days in Morrisons Hillsbro...!

Good eating to those who got them..!

On 28/03/2020 at 04:52, onewheeldave said:

Actually it's many other people's issue as well. Many autistic people cannot deal with queues and, especially for those who are socially isolated, and they are not able to buy food. This will worsen as the govt increase restrictions on how long a person can be outdoors for. Yesterday it took me 3 hours to buy a few basics by walking to supermarkets, seeing the queues, walking to the next supermarket etc. I ended up in town before I found one without a queue.

It might be worth trying several small shops. I think people are so used to going to a big supermarket and getting everything in one place that they don't think of the alternatives which end up both less busy and with more stock.

53 minutes ago, Ruddy76 said:

The pasta isle is ALWAYS hammered, completely empty.

The Now Show mentioned that Ann Summers had pasta in stock when others had run out - it's not the one of the usual shapes though. ;)

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

I sometimes like a cream cracker with a bit of cheese on it...I live alone and only shop for one...No cream crackers for 5 days in Morrisons Hillsbro...!

Good eating to those who got them..!

Aldi fully stocked, Im Crackers about cream crackers, spread cheese or any type pate . :thumbsup: