Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, Justin Smith said:

That sounds most unlikely. Most people might work 5 days a week and have a mid day meal there, using basic maths (and counting breakfast as a meal), that'd be 5 meals at work and 16 at home...….

A lot of people, including me, have breakfast at work.  

1 minute ago, andyofborg said:

A lot is not all, or even most.....

Just now, Justin Smith said:

A lot is not all, or even most.....

On the basis of the number at our place who do it and the queue in Greggs next door then, at the very least, it's almost most 

Maybe I should have panic bought?

Looks like i'm going to be in the self isolation group for 12 weeks or shielding group as its now called, so I've just registered and tried to shop on 4 different online shopping sites, none have any delivery slots available.

If anyone knows of any online shops that do have delivery slots available for new customers I would be interested to know

12 minutes ago, ptathion said:

Maybe I should have panic bought?

Looks like i'm going to be in the self isolation group for 12 weeks or shielding group as its now called, so I've just registered and tried to shop on 4 different online shopping sites, none have any delivery slots available.

If anyone knows of any online shops that do have delivery slots available for new customers I would be interested to know

I thought there was some mention of food parcels being sent out to the shielded group. At least that’s what I understood from the last PM’s press conference.

Also, was at ASDA this morning, a queue to get in before opening. Soon as doors opened, everyone bunches up, the 2m rule right out the window. Please be careful while out and about, and keep a safe distance between people.

Edited by Waldo

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I thought there was some mention of food parcels being sent out to the shielded group. At least that’s what I understood from the last PM’s press conference.

Yes that's correct, the wording on the nhs site isn't actually 100% clear to me

People on immunosuppression therapies "sufficient" to significantly increase risk of infection.

so I still have to wait up to a week to find out if im sufficiently immune suppressed.

Mostly im just trying to not be a bother to others and sort out for myself whatever I can

2 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

That sounds most unlikely. Most people might work 5 days a week and have a mid day meal there, using basic maths (and counting breakfast as a meal), that'd be 5 meals at work and 16 at home...….

Pick the bones out of this lot. BBC News - Leon: Fast food chain turns its restaurants into shops
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51996773

There are mind boggling numbers in that article.

3 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

And I've been known to eat all day at work  😁

59 minutes ago, ptathion said:

Yes that's correct, the wording on the nhs site isn't actually 100% clear to me

People on immunosuppression therapies "sufficient" to significantly increase risk of infection.

so I still have to wait up to a week to find out if im sufficiently immune suppressed.

Mostly im just trying to not be a bother to others and sort out for myself whatever I can

This maybe helpful for anyone on immunosuppressants for rheumatoid therapies.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2020/03/clinical-guide-rheumatology-patients-v1-19-march-2020.pdf

I'm on a Biological  treatment have been for 5 yrs, which according to the link means, I'm probably in the high to very high category, but it may not  be straightforward for everyone, as it might not be recorded by their primary care  (G.Ps) although for me it should be fine as about a month ago my  G.P did actually add the bio treatment to my prescription list, so  for me, I should be traceable through the G.P practice.

From the link

NB the following biologics may or may not be on a primary care record/database as they are prescribed in secondary care but can be searched for on HES if given in a day case unit, eg X92.1 includes rituximab, tocilizumab and infliximab. Subcut drugs, eg adalimumab and etanercept, are supplied by homecare companies.

The receipt of any biologic probably puts the patient in the high or very high category.

Edited by steve68

16 minutes ago, steve68 said:

This maybe helpful for anyone immunosuppressants for rheumatoid therapies.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2020/03/clinical-guide-rheumatology-patients-v1-19-march-2020.pdf

I'm on a Biological  treatment have been for 5 yrs, which according to the link means, I'm probably in the high to very high category, but it may not  be straightforward for everyone, as it might not be recorded by their primary care  (G.Ps) although for me it should be fine as about a month ago my  G.P did actually add the bio treatment to my prescription list, so  for me, I should be traceable through the G.P practice.

From the link

NB the following biologics may or may not be on a primary care record/database as they are prescribed in secondary care but can be searched for on HES if given in a day case unit, eg X92.1 includes rituximab, tocilizumab and infliximab. Subcut drugs, eg adalimumab and etanercept, are supplied by homecare companies.

The receipt of any biologic probably puts the patient in the high or very high category.

Thanks for the link, being on methotrexate and a diabetic looks to put me into the high or very high category. I have a feeling that I will get skipped over as my GP isn't allowed to prescribe me the methotrexate, I can only get that from the hospital consultant, anyway, time will tell.

11 minutes ago, ptathion said:

Thanks for the link, being on methotrexate and a diabetic looks to put me into the high or very high category. I have a feeling that I will get skipped over as my GP isn't allowed to prescribe me the methotrexate, I can only get that from the hospital consultant, anyway, time will tell.

You should  maybe contact your G.P,  My G.P put all my Hospital home care drugs on my G.P prescription  list but can't be ordered via G.P they read  **********hospital only do not dispense********** 

Edited by steve68