Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

The CMA/ Watchdog have issued some warnings on retailers profiteering due to the panic buy.

Hopefully those guilty will be reported by the public.

Would it be local trading standards who deal with compaints of profiteering

Edited by Mister M

Just now, alandrea0 said:

Any one want any toilet rolls?

Go to online shop Ocado..

If you are lucky you won't have to wait long.. ( I was 7625 on list, a two hour wait)

https://www.ocado.com/?tdtoken=UhCp05N7uaUls9k2V%2BdNMSZ7omZGJ6%2BhNwpNJ6H3ptk%3D

Actually, if anyone is short, Poundstretcher in Dronfield Civic Centre had lots in an hour or so ago...

38 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Would it be local trading standards who deal with compaints of profiteering

I guess that may be first line of reporting.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

It aint a "little" extra though, its people with full trolleys of the same product, the internets full of pictures of it. some are shopkeepers hoping to make a profit and sell on for 3 times the price...id stamp them all with **** on their foreheads

You didnt read the post i was replying to I guess. it was a reply to a negative comment on the decision by the supermarkets to limit people buying full trolleys. 

I know the internet is full of pictures of selfish idiots trailing out of supermarkets at 6 am with their trolleys.

I know there are reports of people buying stuff then trying to sell it in the car park

I know the spar near the train station is now selling toilet roll at £1 a roll!!

My point was, the supermarkets are trying to limit people buying goods and in true SF fashion someone was complaining about it.

Getting rid of those large shopping trollies would be one way to slow down the pace of stripping the store of all the goods given you can only carry half as much with the small one. Even better just have baskets and do away with shopping trollies altogether.

Edited by John

from the asda website now 

Maximum of 3 units per customer on all products.

At this time of high demand we’re working hard to keep our shelves stocked with products for everyone.

We’ve always been proud to serve our customers with great products, and we’d ask all our customers to please shop responsibly so we can help make sure there is enough to go around

Edited by oldskool

4 hours ago, sheffbag said:

I know the spar near the train station is now selling toilet roll at £1 a roll!!

Did you take a picture or anything?

Thats exactly the sort of thing trading standards are going to come down hard on.

7 minutes ago, geared said:

Did you take a picture or anything?

Thats exactly the sort of thing trading standards are going to come down hard on.

There are photos all over facebook.

Edited by nikki-red

6 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

There are photos all over facebook.

That's nothing.

Try searching for Andrex on eBay!

ASDA in Walkley was all out of tomato puree and olive oil tonight. Oh how very middle class, obviously to go with all the pasta thats been bought.

A hundred yards down the road Beeches were stocked with everything, including toilet roll at 4 for 79p.

The small corner shops seem to have everything,  give them the custom.

My local chemist has all the toiletries  including toilet rolls.