Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Thank you RiffRaff for spotting the mistake.

One Love(s) is definitely enough for any man - who'd want the extra hassel?

I did actually dare to mention your error/viewpoint to my beloved in a light-hearted manner, first pointing out that I'd found it amusing (and, naturally, totally and utterly wrong)

I'd like to use the word "smile", but there were a few extra teeth exposed - I'm guessing it was a borderline snarl.

She then suggested that I'd be lucky to find another two "idiots" who would take me on board. I felt this was a tad uncalled for, as the statement was delivered....well.....as if actually meant!

It was now that I suggested that she "was lucky to have me".

This, dear Rockers rule, is not to be advised.

Hassle indeed.... 😉

23 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

I did actually dare to mention your error/viewpoint to my beloved in a light-hearted manner, first pointing out that I'd found it amusing (and, naturally, totally and utterly wrong)

I'd like to use the word "smile", but there were a few extra teeth exposed - I'm guessing it was a borderline snarl.

She then suggested that I'd be lucky to find another two "idiots" who would take me on board. I felt this was a tad uncalled for, as the statement was delivered....well.....as if actually meant!

It was now that I suggested that she "was lucky to have me".

This, dear Rockers rule, is not to be advised.

Hassle indeed.... 😉

Our lass has put up with my Scottish sence of humour for 44 years (+ the courtship years)  I've surprised myself what I've said in jest & got away with.,but Bikes and cars have been my thing and at least she knows i'm in't garage not out womanizing.

There was once a survey I think it was in the Sheffield Star that said Yorkshire Men prefer bigger Women.

We both said "Thank ---- I'm from Scotland" bless her.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Our lass has put up with my Scottish sence of humour for 44 years (+ the courtship years)  I've surprised myself what I've said in jest & got away with.,but Bikes and cars have been my thing and at least she knows i'm in't garage not out womanizing.

There was once a survey I think it was in the Sheffield Star that said Yorkshire Men prefer bigger Women.

We both said "Thank ---- I'm from Scotland" bless her.

Bless her indeed.

She's lucky to have you.

Don't forget to say that to her (as you scuttle off - at pace - to the garage) 😉

Stay safe, pal.

Edited by RiffRaff

56 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

"He said he wanted to get a refund on 150 32-packs of toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser," the supermarket director said.

Flippin hell, what on earth was he thinking when he bought that amount.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

"He said he wanted to get a refund on 150 32-packs of toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser," the supermarket director said.

Flippin hell, what on earth was he thinking when he bought that amount.

His potential profit.

As Shepcanon says, his intention was all about how much money he could get.

I'm sure I read another article on the same story whereby he even admitted that his intention was to get it online and sell it for $70 a bottle.

That well and truly came back to bite him in the backside when eBay or whatever changed their rules and he was suddenly lumbered with it all.

Well done the supermarket manager for holding his ground.  Customer bought it customer has to deal with it.

I would normally be the first to champion the world of commerce and business entrepreneurs but there's no way I could ever support this guy for trying it on like that.  Particularly when such selfish actions was blatantly depriving others in the middle of a global crisis.

To be honest I'm quite satisfied that our selfish shopper has had a harsh lesson which businesses have to face everyday. Not every decision is a successful one and sometimes companies are lumbered with stock that they cannot or will not sell.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

46 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

His potential profit.

As Shepcanon says, his intention was all about how much money he could get.

I'm sure I read another article on the same story whereby he even admitted that his intention was to get it online and sell it for $70 a bottle.

That well and truly came back to bite him in the backside when eBay or whatever changed their rules and he was suddenly lumbered with it all.

Well done the supermarket manager for holding his ground.  Customer bought it customer has to deal with it.

I would normally be the first to champion the world of commerce and business entrepreneurs but there's no way I could ever support this guy for trying it on like that.  Particularly when such selfish actions was blatantly depriving others in the middle of a global crisis.

To be honest I'm quite satisfied that our selfish shopper has had a harsh lesson which businesses have to face everyday. Not every decision is a successful one and sometimes companies are lumbered with stock that they cannot or will not sell.  

He could redeem himself by donating 90% of it.

Although the panic buying may have reduced somewhat, just getting into a store now is requiring patience.

Some queues are long, extend into car parks, so I just turn around when spot, and drive off.  When I have stood in queue and entered a supermarket, you have to follow arrows or footprint signs showing you which direction to walk!

Find it easier to pop into a local convenient store if its only a handful of things. 

53 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Although the panic buying may have reduced somewhat, just getting into a store now is requiring patience.

Some queues are long, extend into car parks, so I just turn around when spot, and drive off.  When I have stood in queue and entered a supermarket, you have to follow arrows or footprint signs showing you which direction to walk!

Find it easier to pop into a local convenient store if its only a handful of things. 

M&S have got a good grasp of things if you're in town.  They make you take a trolley & there's a limited number of them so there's always the same number / a maximum number of customers in the store at any one time.  The queues aren't that bad either. 

Sainsbury's on The Moor aren't bad but there's usually a small queue waiting outside but we've noticed that in recent weeks the numbers in the store seem to be getting bigger & consequently, people are just meandering about like on normal shop days & it's more difficult to keep to the 2m distance. 

45 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

M&S have got a good grasp of things if you're in town.  They make you take a trolley & there's a limited number of them so there's always the same number / a maximum number of customers in the store at any one time.  The queues aren't that bad either. 

Sainsbury's on The Moor aren't bad but there's usually a small queue waiting outside but we've noticed that in recent weeks the numbers in the store seem to be getting bigger & consequently, people are just meandering about like on normal shop days & it's more difficult to keep to the 2m distance. 

I'm not much of an M&S shopper unless its something specific I'm after that they do.

But will look at if passing by- the Sainsbury in Hillsborough (huge one) would probably be a good one to navigate around.

It’s a good job that we are world leaders in the art of queuing .

To be honest I’ve not found it so bad at Sainsbury’s on Claywheels Lane,or Tesco Infirmary Road.

Perhaps I have just picked good times.