Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Just been to Aldi at Handsworth, normal service has resumed.  No probs at all.  

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Cause a panic with the help of the media, then bring in Draconian laws to deal with it - going through parliament Monday.

The government have said time and again that there are no shortages and that the public should shop as normal.  So, how have they caused this panic?

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Cause a panic with the help of the media, then bring in Draconian laws to deal with it - going through parliament Monday.

Which is almost the same as what happened when Labour bought in draconian so called anti-terrorism laws after the 911 panic,

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

I've been to the one on Flora street.  The only thing they didn't have was anti-bacterial wipes.

1 hour ago, Agent Orange said:

The government have said time and again that there are no shortages and that the public should shop as normal.  So, how have they caused this panic?

As I said earlier, the government could reduce this panic buying significantly if they announced that shopping for food (and the supply chain to the food shops) will not, under any circumstances, be disrupted. And they'd just be stating the obvious there because it cannot be disrupted almost no matter what the reason. We all have to eat, if we don't eat it won't be  a 1% death rate it'll be 100%.....

1 hour ago, jane2008 said:

I've been to the one on Flora street.  The only thing they didn't have was anti-bacterial wipes.

I don't think these can be found anywhere currently- pretty much comes in/goes out or suppliers cannot get for whatever reason.

...people be scrubbing their own kids down..😀

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

We need more posts and pics like this circulated.  One pic of empty shelves and people can't help themselves but go out and panic buy.

Daily Mail today:

Shoppers in desperate hunt for paracetamol as supermarkets and chemists run out

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8142081/Shoppers-desperate-hunt-paracetamol-supermarkets-chemists-run-out.html

The government should force that rag to be closed for the duration.  

Edited by alchresearch

2 hours ago, jane2008 said:

The butcher's in Hillsborough seemed well stocked when I walked past, the green grocer too, plus Heron's seemed to have most stuff. The other day we needed some milk and the local shop on Oughtibridge had some. I suspect it's the large supermarkets which are the worst affected. Lesson, use smaller shops......

Just heard from a friend a bin man who said he was discusted  at all the waste food they've been shifting  on their rounds. Says it all doesn't  it, just think of the money they could have saved and  other members of the public that could have been fed.

I suggest all those with bulging  food cupboards  to take some to the food banks.

10 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Just heard from a friend a bin man who said he was discusted  at all the waste food they've been shifting  on their rounds. Says it all doesn't  it, just think of the money they could have saved and  other members of the public that could have been fed.

I suggest all those with bulging  food cupboards  to take some to the food banks.

Like thats going to happen, the reason the cupboards are bulging in the first place is because the majority of these people are selfish,  so I cant see them givin owt away.   :suspect:

10 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

A lot of it is probably because people don't know how to cook properly. I've got a freezer full of leftover meals that will probably last me a month, store cupboard essentials can be padded out to make more than one meal. Yesterday I bought one sliced loaf, two pints of milk, 5 apples and a bag of satsumas, just stuff we'd run out of. The loaf went into the freezer.

I don't have a lot of fresh veg, but if I need some I'll just go and get whenever..no point buying twenty cauliflowers and letting them rot.

i can't remember the exact details but I saw a picture on facebook yesterday of a supermarket in Scandinavia that had a sign under the toilet rolls saying something like buy 1 for £5.00 or buy 2 for £100.00