Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Might I suggest you wear a mask while you do your shopping etc, complete your shopping and go home without bothering about anyone else's business? Whether I agree with the mask wearing or not, I'm doing it for two reasons- as a common courtesy to others and to avoid having listen to the entitled moaners who think they have a right to ask me about why I'm doing this, that or the other. 

Trust me your life will be a lot easier if you just get on with it and don't worry about what someone else is doing. 

On 07/08/2020 at 13:40, enntee said:

Why do people that think that they should be mask-exempt, consider that they have a greater right to transmit Covid19 than anyone else?

I have COPD which causes shortness of breath which is worse in very hot or very cold weather. I’ve shielded for 16 weeks and am now trying to join everyone else in the new normal. Although I could be exempt  I wear a mask but sometimes have to lower it to come up for air and try to do this away from others. On Friday when the weather was very hot I cancelled my trip out as I knew I wouldn’t be able to cope with a mask. I don’t think I have a greater right to transmit the virus and will try and conform but sometimes unseen disabilities get in the way. 

I run a shop and i have a notice saying =

No mask no entry

no excuses or exemptions allowed
You are free to spend your money elsewhere.

my mum who has asthma and  mrs who has lung disease wear masks when out shoppin* so why can’t everyone?

The amount of people trying it on with made up exemptions is breathtaking and I have been called a **** a couple of times so I just swear back and tell them to shop elsewhere.

I don’t know whether people are confused re the regulations or just paying lip service but the number of people I’ve seen getting on public transport or entering shops wearing masks but then removing them once onboard/inside is quite worrying and makes others wonder why they should conform 

11 hours ago, mafya said:

No mask no entry

my mum who has asthma and  mrs who has lung disease wear masks when out shoppin* so why can’t everyone?

The amount of people trying it on with made up exemptions is breathtaking and I have been called a **** a couple of times so I just swear back and tell them to shop elsewhere.

Good on you.     :thumbsup:

On 22/08/2020 at 23:29, mafya said:

No mask no entry

You are breaking the law. If someone is disabled and exempt from wearing a mask and you prevent them from using your store then you are very much in the wrong and will be breaking anti-discrimination laws.

6 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

You are breaking the law. If someone is disabled and exempt from wearing a mask and you prevent them from using your store then you are very much in the wrong and will be breaking anti-discrimination laws.

No I’m not because I’m requiring anyone entering my shop to wear a mask and if not then to go elsewhere.

people can print exemption cards off the internet and Tesco was giving daisy patterned dresses lace thing exemption lanyards to any Tom dick and Harry.

My mrs has lung disease and still wears a mask to protect herself and my autistic son also wears one. I don’t want to take the risk and unfortunately  My 70 yr old father was taken into hallamshire hospital on Saturday just gone and has got the COVID virus. He is responding well to treatment and this has made me even more determined to make anyone coming into my shop wear a mask. I’m discriminating against non mask wearers and as a shop owner it is my right.  Wether or not someone is disabled doesn’t come into it.

We haven’t been able to visit my dad in hospital only via video calling and I urge people to take this virus seriously because it is not a nice experience to go through when someone you love has it.

yes you are, you can refuse some one service, but if you do that by discriminating against them ie via disability, sexuality ect, you would be breaking the law.

Whilst your relatives may have conditions that allow them to wear masks other people have various disability's  that don't allow them  to, or past traumas, and whilst i have empathy with you for your fathers situation, you should also also have empathy to other peoples situation.

7 hours ago, Cade Foster said:

yes you are, you can refuse some one service, but if you do that by discriminating against them ie via disability, sexuality ect, you would be breaking the law.

Whilst your relatives may have conditions that allow them to wear masks other people have various disability's  that don't allow them  to, or past traumas, and whilst i have empathy with you for your fathers situation, you should also also have empathy to other peoples situation.

I’m not refusing on the grounds of disability I’m refusing entry on the grounds of anyone not wearing a mask please will not be served as I don’t want to catch the virus myself.

night clubs and pubs can refuse entry if you are wearing trainers or wrong attire so it’s similar to that. Police were in my shop yesterday and even commented that it was nice to see that I was following the mask wearing requirement.

On a separate note a person with a disability exemption can go round not wearing a mask and then end up spreading it about themselves by going places without a mask.

my dad is doing good and they have lowered his oxygen dependency today so that’s a good sign.

8 minutes ago, mafya said:

I’m not refusing on the grounds of disability I’m refusing entry on the grounds of anyone not wearing a mask please will not be served as I don’t want to catch the virus myself.

night clubs and pubs can refuse entry if you are wearing trainers or wrong attire so it’s similar to that. Police were in my shop yesterday and even commented that it was nice to see that I was following the mask wearing requirement.

On a separate note a person with a disability exemption can go round not wearing a mask and then end up spreading it about themselves by going places without a mask.

my dad is doing good and they have lowered his oxygen dependency today so that’s a good sign.

Wearing trainers is not a protected characteristic.

It’s your shop and I sympathise with your reasoning but I think you could have problems if you stop people who are exempt from entering without a mask.

1 hour ago, mafya said:

Good to hear. 

I've had the briefest of googles and it looks like airlines are making them compulsory but I haven't flown so I don't know.

Fully behind you Mafya.  What annoys me are the shops that proudly display "NO entry without Masks" signs, then quite happily serve anyone without masks, without challenging them.  I think you are totally right and within the law to demand that they do wear one, and enforce that.