Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Don't shop in Lidl , Chesterfield Road, Sheffield, or any other Lidl.

They do nothing to promote mask wearing in store.

Furthermore, the manager and staff there have been instructed by head office to 'not get involved'.  

I spoke to a customer not wearing a mask. He didn't take much notice and we parted without any further words.

When I approached the staff and manager the above information given.

Its my opinion that they are responsible for the conduct of their store. Their bumf says they are co-operating with the government coronavirus conditions - this is simply not true.

1 hour ago, Flanker7 said:

Furthermore, the manager and staff there have been instructed by head office to 'not get involved'.  

I spoke to a customer not wearing a mask. He didn't take much notice and we parted without any further words.

Its my opinion that they are responsible for the conduct of their store. Their bumf says they are co-operating with the government coronavirus conditions - this is simply not true.

Thanks - I was planning a Lidl store visit as a treat for myself.  It's not my local supermarket, but close enough and would have been a change to do my weekly shop somewhere else - almost like a holiday!  Oh well!

1 hour ago, Flanker7 said:

30 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Thanks - I was planning a Lidl store visit as a treat for myself.  It's not my local supermarket, but close enough and would have been a change to do my weekly shop somewhere else - almost like a holiday!  Oh well!

I've had the opposite to that and found  Lidl one of the better shops (Mexborough anyway) 

A blanket ban on all Lidl's seems a little harsh.

I did go to IKEA the other day for the first & last time. (conned into going for one of the Daughters while I was in Sheff)

I must admit to this is not my type of shopping anyway and I'm proud to say I've only ever been to Meadow Hall 3 times since it opened.

The parking was easy enough at IKEA and the queue's both in and out were pretty fast moving but the silly one way system and blocked connecting routes taking me into every department rather than alowing me to go straight to where I wanted to be was about as daft as you can get. 

Like I said First & Last.

Keep safe 

Rocker.

4 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

Why would they get involved?

People have hidden disabilities, not everyone can wear a mask for various reasons. What right does a store manager have prying into the personal business of one of their customers. Do you really think that some checkout operator or stock stacker on minimum wage is going to put themselves at risk by confronting customers entering the store.

There is only so much that any business can do.  Signage, provision of supplies for sanitation and possibly some gentle reminders but that's it.  

The rest is down to us taking our personal responsibility for ourselves not the police the others

Just a rant!

If you want to better your chances of catching Covid 19, just pop along to the local shop on Foxhill Rd,. 12 customers in there today, 1 other person and me wearing a mask, 11 others not !

Why would you?

Because we are all in this together.

Because it against the law.

Because the management of premises are responsible for the conduct of their premises.

Lidl say this in their bumpf - But they instruct their staff 'not to get involved'

Customer Updates - Covid-19

During these challenging times, we all need to make sure we’re doing our bit to help keep ourselves and others safe. With this in mind, we’ve put together a few things to remember the next time you visit one of our Lidl stores.
please click here https://www.lidl.co.uk/about-us/customer-update

https://customer-service.lidl.co.uk/SelfServiceUK/s/article/Customer-Update-Covid-19?language=en_GB

7 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Why would you?

Because we are all in this together.

Because it against the law.

Because the management of premises are responsible for the conduct of their premises.

Lidl say this in their bumpf - But they instruct their staff 'not to get involved'

Customer Updates - Covid-19

During these challenging times, we all need to make sure we’re doing our bit to help keep ourselves and others safe. With this in mind, we’ve put together a few things to remember the next time you visit one of our Lidl stores.
please click here https://www.lidl.co.uk/about-us/customer-update

https://customer-service.lidl.co.uk/SelfServiceUK/s/article/Customer-Update-Covid-19?language=en_GB

Where does it say anything about them directly challenging shoppers?  

They say they will provide information and limit numbers by managing queues, will be giving audio reminders and setting up cleaning stations and staff offering extra assistance.  

They even go as far to directly state that government 'mandatory' rules have some exemptions.

I say again, the onus is on us customers - where exactly does it say in they will be responsible for challenging customers.  I certainly wouldn't allow my staff to do it either. It would be opening them to a multitude of risks.  

A perfect example of what I was referencing earlier.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/not-everyone-happy-meadow-halls-18730247

If companies don't challenge people not wearing them.........they complain.

When they do start challenging people for not wearing them...... they complain.

Why do people feel they have the right to ask someone why they are mask exempt?  If someone isn't wearing a mask can't people manage to just accept  that unless you are going to access that persons medical records i imagine it is hard to prove.

7 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

Why do people feel they have the right to ask someone why they are mask exempt?  If someone isn't wearing a mask can't people manage to just accept  that unless you are going to access that persons medical records i imagine it is hard to prove.

Same reason they can't get their heads around the fact that not all disabilities are visible and rant against people having blue badges that don't look as if they deserve them.

9 minutes ago, enntee said:

Why do people that think that they should be mask-exempt, consider that they have a greater right to transmit Covid19 than anyone else?

Why would they care who they transmit? as long as they don't die doing their shopping.