Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

I had the same problem with regards two people (man & wife) with one trolly, i was refused entry into aldi  for that reason, i wont go into to much detail. but i left the queue and went home and phoned aldi customer services up, they could not apologise enough, they told me although aldi would prefer one person one trolly, there is no restriction with regards if two people go in with one trolly and head office would inform the manager of the said shop, so one week after that i went to the same aldi, went straight to the  person on the door i asked whether me and my wife could come in with one trolly he said no sorry, taking advice from aldi c.s i asked to see the manager no problem, having explained to him i had been in touch with customer services and head office should by now have been in touch with him explaining the rules he said they had not been in touch, but there is no restriction saying two people with one trolly cannot enter the shop.          some up aldi prefer one person one trolly, two people with one trolly although not encouraged are allowed in aldi. 

I understand and accept trolley restrictions but why are you not allowed to talk with partner/husband/wife etc 

Don't see logic in not talking to someone you live with or anyone else for that matter

7 hours ago, stylefree said:

I understand and accept trolley restrictions but why are you not allowed to talk with partner/husband/wife etc 

Don't see logic in not talking to someone you live with or anyone else for that matter

Me neither, @stylefree , but there's always someone who likes to 'extend' the rules -makes them feel important.

Having seen the enormous gathering of people, huddled together around the door of the Moor Market about 9am on its last trading day, It'll be interesting to see how they cope with social distancing when they reopen? 

Think I'll give it a miss. 

As for all the yellow lines, 2m 'foot print' signs & signs instructing people where they should stand to queue to get into shops & where they should be walking on The Moor, put down by SCC, given the few extra bodies down The Moor yesterday morning, just aimlessly milling about, SCC have wasted their time.  

Edited by Baron99

its looking more and more likely the 2m rule will be reduced to 1m to bring it in line with most of the Eu, so many businesses will have to re-do all their signage , what a waste of money. in fact the whole distancing thing is pointless anyway unless someone is literally in your face and spitting and slavering at you.

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Having seen the enormous gathering of people, huddled together around the door of the Moor Market about 9am on its last trading day, It'll be interesting to see how they cope with social distancing when they reopen? 

Was saying something similar to a friend yesterday when told the will be reopening tomorrow as I honestly thought this would be the final nail in its coffin. 

2 hours ago, casualbystander said:

its looking more and more likely the 2m rule will be reduced to 1m to bring it in line with most of the Eu, so many businesses will have to re-do all their signage , what a waste of money.

i imagine most businesses and most people will retain 2m regardless. 1m only really helps pubs and restaurants and they aren't opening yet

in fact the whole distancing thing is pointless anyway unless someone is literally in your face and spitting and slavering at you.

you have met some of the people off here then

Edited by andyofborg

1 hour ago, andyofborg said:

i imagine most businesses and most people will retain 2m regardless. 1m only really helps pubs and restaurants and they aren't opening yet

you have met some of the people off here then

Even when the pubs do open, I think I'll give them a miss for a good month or so.  I'm not dying for a drink. 

Sounds sensible to me,   bar managers and staff unfortunately having to act like school teachers ensuring people are keeping the correct distance,  I wouldn't like to be in their position , some people  after a smell at the barmaids apron I think some people  will get a bit stroppy when being reminded to keep to the distance rule,   Ive seen how some people react to the simple shout of last orders and come on havn't ya got homes to go too,  :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY

Not much social distancing in the queue for Sheffield Primark this morning.

I have qued at food stores but will not que for clothes, shoes ect,  I will just wait till things to settle down first and get nearer normal times.  I have noticed on the news its mainly women and children and blokes under the thumb queing.  :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY

Exactly, @PRESLEY. I'm not overly concerned about the 'risks' - they seem to vary on a daily basis - but   as I rarely go to the city centre unless I have a specific reason, it isn't going to make much difference to me.

Edited by RollingJ