Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Went down to Sainsburys yesterday afternoon to pick up a few essentials and also a PS4 controller for a bored grandson from Argos. Sainsburys was almost empty, no queues etc but about 6 people in front of me on the Argos queue.

Guest makapaka
8 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Oh come on, two people stood back to back in a supermarket, one wearing a mask, neither of them coughing or sneezing or touching each other (you didn't say either was) for a few minutes?

You've probably got more chance of dying from an electric shock switching on your laptop to write that post than they have of getting Covid 19 from each other.

You’re right.

i am absolutely fully 100% behind the 2m rule but I think given that none of our shops were created with this in mind there are always going to be slight issues and people need to be patient with each other and understand that because someone is 1.6m from you for a second does not meant they have given you coronavirus.

Edited by makapaka

17 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Oh come on, two people stood back to back in a supermarket, one wearing a mask, neither of them coughing or sneezing or touching each other (you didn't say either was) for a few minutes?

You've probably got more chance of dying from an electric shock switching on your laptop to write that post than they have of getting Covid 19 from each other.

More than a few minutes and i wasn't the only one anoyed with the two women. I managed to shop 2 aisles before they had even finished the first aisle.  Two people back to back with no room to pass them without touching hence my reason for cutting across to the next aisle. I'll do what I feel safe for myself and if it means wearing a mask & gloves and avoiding people like that I shall do. 

Keep safe.

2 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I'll do what I feel safe for myself and if it means wearing a mask & gloves and avoiding people like that I shall do. 

Keep safe.

I didn't tell you not to.

10 weeks of shielding and although of pension age I’ve been craving like    a pregnant woman. On line shopping, family, friends and EBay cater to my needs but only one super friend satisfied my ultimate craving........thank you Bev for bringing me a large pork sandwich complete with crackling and dip. 

Was in aldi sheffield today

couple were complaining that they had been given three warnings for talking to each other 

is it a covid rule that talking about shopping is not allowed whilst in supermarkets or just aldi staff policing 

never come across this ruling before 

Probably some jumped-up nobody trying it on. If that had been me, I'd be calling for the manager for a full and valid explanation.

I agree totally with that,i thought it was 1 person per trolley as well

I disagree, @bassett one. I accept that there has to be some common sense applied, but to 'warn people from talking' is a step too far.

Could well be an Aldi rule.

Me and my partner, who I live with, went to a store a few weeks ago and going round were told that we had to stay 2 meters apart, even after explaining that we live together....they didn't care, they said it was irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Could well be an Aldi rule.

Me and my partner, who I live with, went to a store a few weeks ago and going round were told that we had to stay 2 meters apart, even after explaining that we live together....they didn't care, they said it was irrelevant.

Crazy.

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Crazy.

I totally agree 

they were an average decent looking couple just shopping for family 

not troublecausing 

had trolley each

bough few items and left quietly