Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Tacitus said:

Anybody know where I can find rocking horse manure aka PLAIN FLOUR !!!

I know of a shop in S5 if that's any good for you.

3 hours ago, Tacitus said:

Easy Lidl,

well my local one had some in today 45p

Happy shopping

Many thanks !

Managed to get some....but thank you

3 hours ago, Tacitus said:

Morrisons have been selling their bakery flour off in small and large bags.

ah cheers

48 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

I know of a shop in S5 if that's any good for you.

Many thanks Jane.....

Sitting in the car yesterday afternoon, waiting for Mrs.RiffRaff to emerge from the supermarket, I couldn't help watch folk's attitude to the one in/one out signs at the entrance.

I'd better explain that this particular store has been late - and dreadful - in instigating any "help/advice" with distancing measures, and that even applies to staff, who for the most part seem(ed) completely oblivious to risk whatsoever.

I saw what I assume was a family group turn up - mum, dad, mid-teenager - and momentarily read the signs... before deciding to ignore them, and enter as "one".

The staff say anything? Nope.

Was anything purchased? One packet of cigs, by the mum. The other two approached the till at the same time

I say "two".

The teenager was actually cradling a puppy as well....

Interesting to read all the posts about not being able to buy flour in Sheffield. I live in London and after the initial panic-buying madness during the first couple of weeks of lockdown, I've managed to get hold of most things - but never, ever any flour. I've got loads of big supermarkets within walking distance, loads of smaller supermarkets like Nisa and Londis and dozens of independent small local shops too. I've  been in Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrison's, Asda, Lidl, Aldi and all the local shops at different times of day, yet none of them have ever had any flour of any description. The only kind of flour I've seen anywhere since lockdown is stuff like gram flour, chickpea flour, rice flour and coconut flour in the ethnic shops. These are fine if you're making stuff like onion bhajis, chapatis, etc - but not so good if all you want to do is bake a Victoria sponge or make a crust for a meat and 'tater pie!

5 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

Interesting to read all the posts about not being able to buy flour in Sheffield. I live in London and after the initial panic-buying madness during the first couple of weeks of lockdown, I've managed to get hold of most things - but never, ever any flour. I've got loads of big supermarkets within walking distance, loads of smaller supermarkets like Nisa and Londis and dozens of independent small local shops too. I've  been in Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrison's, Asda, Lidl, Aldi and all the local shops at different times of day, yet none of them have ever had any flour of any description. The only kind of flour I've seen anywhere since lockdown is stuff like gram flour, chickpea flour, rice flour and coconut flour in the ethnic shops. These are fine if you're making stuff like onion bhajis, chapatis, etc - but not so good if all you want to do is bake a Victoria sponge or make a crust for a meat and 'tater pie!

Yep..sounds like with lockdown everyone has turned into bakers.

Just back from Shopping, everything appears to be more sensible  than it was .

I was fairly early but the two shops I went to Farm foods & LIDL were both quite (ish) and  well stocked

None of the staff had PPE apart from Perspex till shields at LIDL not quite 50% of people wearing masks but still a god percentage.

Some people have a different perception  of what 2mts is but generally most people were adhering to it.

Keep safe & Eat well

As long as the panic for buying booze is over...now that got me worried

Just now, melthebell said:

Total abstainer since 2005 so you can have my share if it ever gets rationed Melthebell.

(I'd had a good gargle before 2005 though Hic)

Keep safe. 

Guest makapaka
34 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Will never forget the day I went into Sainsbury’s and there was no lager.

now that was panic.