Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

49 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It’s a good job that we are world leaders in the art of queuing .

To be honest I’ve not found it so bad at Sainsbury’s on Claywheels Lane,or Tesco Infirmary Road.

Perhaps I have just picked good times.

Despite a member of staff on the door telling you about the one way system and big blue arrows on the floor, you still get the odd one or two who seem oblivious. I saw one bloke come down an aisle the wrong way for one item this morning at Tesco. He was putting his life at risk for a packet of custard creams.

Have only shopped at the local Sainsbury's and Co-Op since this all kicked off, but will have to drive to Tesco soon as the aforementioned are pretty dire on choice/availability  ( still a lot of empty shelves).  Can anyone advise which of Infirmary Road and the massive Tesco en route to Attercliffe are best re lack of queues 

When we've seen the footage from supermarkets in Italy, the supermarkets are using a pressure spray (presumably with a bleach solution?) to sanitize the trollies before each customer takes one.  They've been doing this for months now. Why aren't any of our supermarkets doing this?

2 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

When we've seen the footage from supermarkets in Italy, the supermarkets are using a pressure spray (presumably with a bleach solution?) to sanitize the trollies before each customer takes one.  They've been doing this for months now. Why aren't any of our supermarkets doing this?

Sainsbury's has provided facility to sanitize trolleys for weeks now.

3 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

M&S on Fargate are continually wiping down trolleys in front of customers, just after they have been used & returning them to nearer the main entrance & Waitrose on Ecclesall Road, they do the same outside the store as customers are queuing up to enter. 

Both stores have been doing this since the start of social distancing as far as I know? 

Edited by Baron99

8 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Sainsbury's has provided facility to sanitize trolleys for weeks now.

I heard of another supermarket giving the trolley to the customer and then giving the customer something to wipe the trolley handle with.  Is that similar to what is happening at Sainsbury's?

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

I heard of another supermarket giving the trolley to the customer and then giving the customer something to wipe the trolley handle with.  Is that similar to what is happening at Sainsbury's?

I see some stores do provide (Tesco including metro stores noticeably) a spray you can put on handle of baskets and trolleys to wipe down.

Went to Morrisons last week and queued outside, then once inside when you'd done your shop had to queue from one end where a lady with a flag told you to wait while a till was clear, then you had to go to another lady who was wearing a helmet and visor,  then told to stand in a taped off area and put your goods on conveyor, then walk through to other side of till to pack goods.

Went to a different Morrisons yesterday, joined queue outside, one table with spray and paper towels to wipe your trolley, did my shop, most tills open as normal, just a partition between girl on till and myself.  Wonder why the stores didn't have the same set up 

Has anyone else been stopped in a supermarket car park and asked what they have bought?

1 hour ago, BobOfRoth said:

Has anyone else been stopped in a supermarket car park and asked what they have bought?

No. Theyd get a colourful reply if they did.

1 hour ago, BobOfRoth said:

maybe you should have paid for it before driving off?

2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

maybe you should have paid for it before driving off?

Haha

Good one

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

No. Theyd get a colourful reply if they did.

I was tempted if im honest but I had my daughter with me so i kept my lip buttoned.