Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Just been to Sainsbury's on The Moor

Fully stocked but they are now, for the first time I can recall during all of this, operating a policy of restricting the number of customers in the store by having staff on the door. 

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Since we are likely to go into a recession, I wonder if inflation will go lower or higher.

If inflation sky-rockets, its sensible to stock up on tins etc.

Dont panic, dont panic  Mr Manwearing.  :hihi:

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Just been to Sainsbury's on The Moor

Fully stocked but they are now, for the first time I can recall during all of this, operating a policy of restricting the number of customers in the store by having staff on the door. 

Same at  Asda, Morrisons, Tesco.

Seen a lot of Vultures  and Gannets the last couple of weeks in the supermarkets.  :suspect:

Edited by PRESLEY

The trouble is many shops sell both food,  furniture and electricals etc, such as B&M, Costco and the supermarkets; this is enabling people to still go out and buy those non essentials.

I'd be a bit miffed if I was the CEO of Argos or Primark being forced to shut down and watch people buy clothing and computer games from elsewhere.

Well just done my bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) shop at ASDA and managed to get almost all of it including bog rolls! Alas, couldn't get any tomato puree though and they did seem to be lacking in the tinned food section still. 

Just now, apelike said:

Well just done my bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) shop at ASDA and managed to get almost all of it including bog rolls! Alas, couldn't get any tomato puree though and they did seem to be lacking in the tinned food section still. 

Any queues Apelike ?

37 minutes ago, Padders said:

Any queues Apelike ?

No queues at all at ASDA Manor Top. Went straight in and there must have been about a dozen shoppers in total. When coming out however there were a few standing outside waiting to be let in as it seems to be a one out one in policy when there are too many shoppers. All in all it was quite a pleasant experience with one of the staff who approached me and asked if I needed any help.

40 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yeah, what is it with the tomato puree panic buying?

I went to ASDA Walkley yesterday and they had mountains of brocoli and other fresh veg but not dried pasta, no olive oil and no tomato puree. Very odd.

They were letting people in as and when yesterday but advising them on entry about the 2m distancing. It can't have been very successful because pictures I've seen today of queues indicate a one in one out policy.

about 10 queuing outside the asda queens road branch around 2pm  security on door people adhering too the 2 meter rule outside

3 minutes ago, taxman said:

They were letting people in as and when yesterday but advising them on entry about the 2m distancing. It can't have been very successful because pictures I've seen today of queues indicate a one in one out policy.

I notice they did have tape markers on the floor showing  where to stand. Hopefully all this stupid panic buying will be now be in the past.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

I notice they did have tape markers on the floor showing  where to stand. Hopefully all this stupid panic buying will be now be in the past.

Its been hell on earth for shelf filling and till staff; not in the same league as NHS staff but its been extremely draining and when this is all over it will all quickly be forgotten.