Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Guest makapaka

I think the new measures will relieve the stress on the supermarkets.

15 hours ago, makapaka said:

I think the new measures will relieve the stress on the supermarkets.

Indeed, but there was bound to be a natural easing off at some point anyway, surely many people will have noticed that they have full cupboards/pantry,s and emptier bank balances.

Edited by Ruddy76

I heard some  stores were running short of beer, reintroduce the party fours that'll stop panic buyers because they will need a lorry.  :hihi:

17 minutes ago, Ruddy76 said:

Indeed, but there was bound to be a natural easing off at some point anyway, surely many people will have noticed that they have full cupboards/pantry,s and emptier bank balances.

Just wait for those credit card bills that will be arriving in April?

"Bloody £250 on toilet rolls & how did we end up with 20 lites of Lloyd Grossman's pasta sauce?" 

9 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I heard some  stores were running short of beer, reintroduce the party fours that'll stop panic buyers because they will need a lorry.  :hihi:

I remember the ' Watney's Party 7' cans. 

No thanks. 

Edited by Baron99

31 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just wait for those credit card bills that will be arriving in April?

"Bloody £250 on toilet rolls & how did we end up with 20 lites of Lloyd Grossman's pasta sauce?" 

I remember the ' Watney's Party 7' cans. 

No thanks. 

Watneys,  :gag:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Watneys,  :gag:

Where’s Davenports when you need them

Here's the latest, updated list of essential retailers that are allowed to open.  Looks like the Govt thinks we need a drink just to take the edge off?

Off-licences have been added. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

No barbers on the list though. I'm already starting to look like a poor  Barry Gibb tribute act.   I'll look like Cousin It, if it's going to be the full 12 weeks. 

Edited by Baron99

Have tried to check this out but can't find anything on line? 

Someone's told me tonight that The Moor Market is closing this Friday due to the current COVID-19 situation? 

Anyone know if it's true? 

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Have tried to check this out but can't find anything on line? 

Someone's told me tonight that The Moor Market is closing this Friday due to the current COVID-19 situation? 

Anyone know if it's true? 

it may have changed since but here's something from the council

https://sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/news/covid-19-markets-update/?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=

The Moor Market is currently open for the sale of groceries and essential items.

Opening times until further notice are 10am – 4pm.

All non-grocery traders are now closed.

The market will remain open while grocery traders continue to open their stalls, but this is the choice of individual business owners.

All traders have access to the market throughout the day to secure their stall and stock and the relevant security measures are in place for closed stalls.

Anyone (customers and traders) visiting the site must adhere to the Government’s social distancing restrictions.

The shops are fine at the moment, some items are not available and they are generally quiet, just proves the idiots who went out in droves panic buying had no need whatsoever as the government told them.

Since we are likely to go into a recession, I wonder if inflation will go lower or higher.

If inflation sky-rockets, its sensible to stock up on tins etc.