Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

53 minutes ago, fools said:

People who have weeks or months of food in the house, don't have to go food shopping as often, so are saving people lives as a result.

Probably got it by being selfish, stupid and inconsiderate, causing great alarm and distress to others and in some cases, directly leaving others - including some of the most poor and vulnerable - to go hungry.

That 'saving people's lives as a result' is hogwash, by the way and a cheap attempt to dress up greed, selfishness and stupidity as altruism.

On that basis, the whole idea of social distancing is hogwash then, we can all ignore what the doctors are telling us, because virtue signalling

It has nothing to do with greed. You are being isolated for 12 weeks (for your, and everyone else's safety), you have no one to fetch your groceries, you buy 12 weeks of groceries.

How many days food and toilet roll should we be allowed to buy at once, what is a reasonable amount in your view.

Edited by fools

22 minutes ago, fools said:

On that basis, the whole idea of social distancing is hogwash then, we can all ignore what the doctors are telling us, because virtue signalling

It has nothing to do with greed. You are being isolated for 12 weeks, you have no one to fetch your groceries, you buy 12 weeks of groceries.

How many days food and toilet roll should we be allowed to buy at once, what is a reasonable amount in your view.

There's no good reason for anyone attempting to buy 12 weeks worth of food at once. It's sheer stupidity.

Social distancing doesn't mean you can't leave the house, nor does it mean you can't go out to buy food.

The people on the cruise ship were socially distanced, it didn't seem to do them any good. They had aircon,  and potentially shared touch points, just like supermarkets.

If you aren't nervous about going to the supermarket, you should be. The fact you are allowed to is irrelevant.

If it was practical to shut down supermarkets now, it would have been done.

The most vulnerable (current and ex) nhs patients are about to get a recommendation to keep away from other people, for 12 weeks. All of us should be taking the same precautions if at all possible

You omitted the answer to the question, where does greed kick in?

Edited by fools

Watch the YouTube piece ( post 927) on the 'Coronavirus' thread and then think again.

Edited by Daven

43 minutes ago, fools said:

The people on the cruise ship were socially distanced, it didn't seem to do them any good. They had aircon,  and potentially shared touch points, just like supermarkets.

The risk profile of a ship is totally different to a  supermarket. People on ships are cooped up together 24x7. Other things like norvirus spread easily on ships too.  You spend at most 30 minutes in a supermarket, less if you know what you want , get it and go. If the bulk of the other people in the supermarket  have been socially distancing themselves and have isolated for 7 or 14 days if necessary then the risk of infection will be fairly low. 

The people on the ship were isolated in their own rooms for weeks in a known infection control situation, and 100s still got infected. A wall beats the 2m open space aerosol spray risk hands down,,, except for the aircon.

Other possible vectors are food trays, or food, or water or sewage.

Regardless, the bottom line is don't go out if you don't have to unless you want to end up possibly gasping for your last breath 22 days later, until there is a cure for this, it's stupid. That includes unnecessary supermarkets visits. 

And if you are planning on relying on home deliveries, put the food aside for a few days and wash your hands once delivered, in case the packaging is contaminated

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

The people on the ship were isolated in their own rooms for weeks, and 100s got infected. A wall beats the 2m open space aerosol spray risk hands down,,, except for the aircon.

Other possible vectors are food trays, or food, or water or sewage.

Regardless, the bottom line is don't go out if you don't have to unless you want to end up possibly gasping for your last breath 22 days later, until there is a cure for this, it's stupid. That includes unnecessary supermarkets visits. 

Agree with most of what you have posted Fools..

I like a drink, can,t go my to my local anymore, so went to Asda to stock my own supplies up, which are becoming depleted.

3 bottles max, so now I'm making repeated trips to the Supermarket...

Just of to Morrisons.

Looking at some images and reports, no panic buying in Spain,Italy or France.

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Agree with most of what you have posted Fools..

I like a drink, can,t go my to my local anymore, so went to Asda to stock my own supplies up, which are becoming depleted.

3 bottles max, so now I'm making repeated trips to the Supermarket...

Just of to Morrisons.

perhaps you could drink less.... i'm sure you would be better for it 

Asda, Tesco, Morrisons... I've noticed all have shelves stripped of ale, meat, cans of beans.

No wonder all the bog rolls have gone.

7 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

perhaps you could drink less.... i'm sure you would be better for it 

Got no choice now have I.