Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, bendix said:

In fairness, I've seen a lot of old people doing exactly the same.  My neighbour boasted to me yesterday that he had bought the last three 18-pack toilet rolls from the shop down the road and he now has enough to last him a year.

Well at least thats one less on the lookout for loo rolls if he has got enough for a year

1 minute ago, nightrider said:

People are also buying freezers. Electrical retailers are apparently selling a lot of large freezers at the moment.

Yes I've heard this too.

We have space to put one in but I've told OH we shouldn't- be it because of virus situation/ panic buying or general. 

My view is you only end up buying more frozen foods and may not even use as often. 

Keep it simple is always easier.

4 minutes ago, nightrider said:

People are also buying freezers. Electrical retailers are apparently selling a lot of large freezers at the moment.

How are the food manufactures going to keep up with this demand, surely they will run out of supplies soon, then us that haven't stockpiled will starve.

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

How are the food manufactures going to keep up with this demand, surely they will run out of supplies soon, then us that haven't stockpiled will starve.

they need to introduce strict rationing - I understand many shops have tried and people bully the staff into letting them take what they want. So that means we need to get stricter? Use the army who could take a much firmer hand with these people? I've no idea what else can work at this point. Clearly people are not going to stop until we make examples of some people to deter the rest!

20 minutes ago, bendix said:

In fairness, I've seen a lot of old people doing exactly the same.  My neighbour boasted to me yesterday that he had bought the last three 18-pack toilet rolls from the shop down the road and he now has enough to last him a year.

Your neighbour is a tosser.

18 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Buying a freezer to put bulky items like bread in it doesn't make sense. And anyway, there are only so many freezers in the supply chain, I'd have thought all this bread that's being panic bought would fill them up comfortably.....

No, it still doesn't solve the mystery, where is all this bread going !

5 minutes ago, nightrider said:

they need to introduce strict rationing - I understand many shops have tried and people bully the staff into letting them take what they want. So that means we need to get stricter? Use the army who could take a much firmer hand with these people? I've no idea what else can work at this point. Clearly people are not going to stop until we make examples of some people to deter the rest!

The only slight problem with that is people buying for others. My sister down in Reading  is buying food for a few older people near her, if she's stopped from buying more than one of each item how is she going to do that ?

33 minutes ago, bendix said:

Without doubt. I'm sure a lot of old people live in the selfish bubble.

I was more trying to point out the few I noticed this morning and how it obviously affected them.

17 minutes ago, zach said:

Without doubt. I'm sure a lot of old people live in the selfish bubble.

I was more trying to point out the few I noticed this morning and how it obviously affected them.

Indeed.  Noone is immune from being a dick.

I was in Tesco Eccie Road this morning and there was a lot of toilet paper on the shelves.  As it happens I checked my supplies last night.  I last bought an 18 pack at Xmas, and I still have a dozen left so I walked on and left it to the seething mass of zombies climbing over each other to get them.

18 minutes ago, bendix said:

Indeed.  Noone is immune from being a dick.

I was in Tesco Eccie Road this morning and there was a lot of toilet paper on the shelves.  As it happens I checked my supplies last night.  I last bought an 18 pack at Xmas, and I still have a dozen left so I walked on and left it to the seething mass of zombies climbing over each other to get them.

I'm still trying to work out the need for loo roll. I've watched endless reports on the virus and none mention the trots! Mind you, they might need it after eating all that rancid food they overbought and ate. 🤢

Having lived in Asia for most of the last two decades, toilet rolls are a disgusting invention and Asians - even from the third world - can't believe we use them instead of the wonderful 'bum gun'.

Let's be candid.  Toilet rolls  . . . . ummmm . . .well . . . . smear and spread . . . .   Well, you get the picture.

Some stores have made restictions on how many items of the same being purchased, all stores should follow suit on saying that,  this should happened in the beginning.  Its always the same in this country, the horse has to bolt before they shut the Stable door. :roll:

9 minutes ago, bendix said:

Having lived in Asia for most of the last two decades, toilet rolls are a disgusting invention and Asians - even from the third world - can't believe we use them instead of the wonderful 'bum gun'.

Let's be candid.  Toilet rolls  . . . . ummmm . . .well . . . . smear and spread . . . .   Well, you get the picture.

My Bold

I wouldnt want  to use one in the english winter, you are soon dry in asia 😁

Just now, kidley said:

My Bold

I wouldnt want  to use one in the english winter, you are soon dry in asia 😁

You can plumb them into warm water . . . 🙂