Instore Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

2 hours ago, sheffbag said:

Whats your proposal? stamp their foreheads when they come in so they cant come back (or go to any other store that day)

Jesus, the stores finally do something positive about trying to limit panic buying and supporting people to gain access to shops and SF still finds a way to criticise it. 

wonder how many of the posters in this thread have put a little extra into their shop in the last couple of weeks.

It aint a "little" extra though, its people with full trolleys of the same product, the internets full of pictures of it. some are shopkeepers hoping to make a profit and sell on for 3 times the price...id stamp them all with **** on their foreheads

I saw a dirty white van with:  "no toilet rolls kept in this van overnight"  on the back doors

Edited by davyboy
typo

37 minutes ago, steved32 said:

And as if things are not bad enough Toby Foster opines today that "meat and fish counters will be the next to close."

Good old BBC public disservice broadcaster.

Cue pandemonium...

To be fair he did also say “it’s getting bad int’ it “

3 hours ago, steved32 said:

And as if things are not bad enough Toby Foster opines today that "meat and fish counters will be the next to close."

Cue pandemonium...

It’s true tho, Sainsburys have already issued a statement yesterday.

Edited by nikki-red

And everything's reduced, had a couple of nice samosas for my lunch from sainsbury's deli counter

The closing of the meat and fish counters was mentioned a few days ago. Went in Sainsburys yesterday and they had already closed their meat and fish counter. There is now no washing powder or tablets. Why do people need so much? I am filling my handwash containers with shower gel. Perhaps shouldn't have said that, that will disappear now.

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

Cue pandemonium...

This is to free up staff to stock shelves with toilet rolls and has been widely trailed in the media. 

I imagine meat and fish will still be available but only in trays

Edited by andyofborg

3 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

This is to free up staff to stock shelves with toilet rolls and has been widely trailed in the media. 

I imagine meat and fish will still be available but only in trays

Or in fields or the Sea.  :hihi:

I see that the Spar by the Train Station is selling toilet rolls for £1 each

https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/coronavirus/sheffield-spar-store-sells-individual-toilet-rolls-ps1-during-coronavirus-crisis-2483699

I really hope that they don't sell any. In fact, I hope they don't get any customers at all.

Cue pandemonium...

why would they close?

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I see that the Spar by the Train Station is selling toilet rolls for £1 each

https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/coronavirus/sheffield-spar-store-sells-individual-toilet-rolls-ps1-during-coronavirus-crisis-2483699

I really hope that they don't sell any. In fact, I hope they don't get any customers at all.

The CMA/ Watchdog have issued some warnings on retailers profiteering due to the panic buy.

Hopefully those guilty will be reported by the public.

Cue pandemonium...

Nah.

Be petrol and diesel next !