Sign in to follow this  

Roy Hudd Rip

Just heard on the news that Roy Hudd has died aged 83. He was probably the last of the music hall era of comedians who also wrote endless material for other comics. RIP Roy.

Edited by AMR67
Typo

I saw him in a show called Out of the Blue at a tiny theatre in Babbacombe in 1962. I remember thinking he was one to watch out for. The News Huddlines was a great radio show back in the day. RIP Roy.

Without doubt one of the greatest ever comedians ,actors, presenters, radio host etc etc RIPJump to search

5 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

Without doubt one of the greatest ever comedians ,actors, presenters, radio host etc etc RIPJump to search

This, a real gentleman by all accounts.

2 hours ago, mickey finn said:

This, a real gentleman by all accounts.

End of an era for this sadly

R.I.P. Roy Hudd. Up there with Ken Dodd, Bob Monkhouse et al.

Not so many of the Good Old Days left now.

I never use to like Roy Hudd when he was young but then I saw him in the TV series  Lipstick on your Collar, he played a dirty old man and I thought what a good actor he was. I've  liked him ever since.

Many years later I wrote an article about old time music halls to a magazine  and out of the blue he wrote me a lovely short letter. I've still got it somewhere, bless him.

On 17/03/2020 at 23:23, jaffa1 said:

I never use to like Roy Hudd when he was young but then I saw him in the TV series  Lipstick on your Collar, he played a dirty old man and I thought what a good actor he was. I've  liked him ever since.

Many years later I wrote an article about old time music halls to a magazine  and out of the blue he wrote me a lovely short letter. I've still got it somewhere, bless him.

In my view he was an incredibly underrated actor.

What a lovely thing to do write back to you.

Edited by mickey finn