Market Capitalization Of Toilet Rolls.

No wonder shops have none for sale this is not just panic buying in  my view.    Has anyone else noticed this?  Just look on the major selling sites, its gone mad.

Looks to me like some people are buying them to sell on at   £2 or even  £3 per roll.

Edited by Erin

There were none in Aldi at Handsworth yesterday dinner, but on the news on friday loo roll manufactors said no need to panic buy . :huh:

It's a combination of people panic buying, and normal people not being able to buy stuff because of the panic buyers, so when it does finally come back in stock, there are lots of people who have run out and so need to buy more than normal.

On Friday in Asda Drakehouse the shelves were empty, crazy thing is on TV last week they were at a toilet paper manufacturer and I think he said they had no problems and 84 million rolls in stock.

Re-imagine the 1969 Film 'Italian Job'.....But THIS time there are BOG rolls instead of gold bars in the coach hanging off the cliff..:D

2 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Re-imagine the 1969 Film 'Italian Job'.....But THIS time there are BOG rolls instead of gold bars in the coach hanging off the cliff..:D

Quote, you were only suppose to blow the Bladdy doors off.  Cant see anybody blowing doors off in the Asda,  on saying that depending on how bad a sever case of wind or diarrhea is.  :hihi:

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Quote, you were only suppose to blow the Bladdy doors off.  Cant see anybody blowing doors off in the Asda,  on saying that depending on how bad a sever case of wind or diarrhea is.  :hihi:

Haha..One thing US Sheffields are good at is laughing in the face of adversary.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

Haha..One thing US Sheffields are good at is laughing in the face of adversary.  :thumbsup:

Adversity.

4 hours ago, Erin said:

No wonder shops have none for sale this is not just panic buying in in my view.    Has anyone else noticed this?  Just look on the major selling sites, its gone mad.

Looks to me like some people are buying them to sell on at   £2 or even  £3 per roll.

Any one who would buy these off someone whose obviously  on the make must be barmy but it takes all sorts.

I noticed on the news this morning that the shelves in some supermarkets had sold out of eggs, all the shelves were empty where eggs should have been. Why eggs? They don't  keep.

I’m planning on selling old copies of the Sun ‘newspaper’ on eBay as “toilet roll alternative”, just wondering if there are any legal issues with such a plan?

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I’m planning on selling old copies of the Sun ‘newspaper’ on eBay as “toilet roll alternative”, just wondering if there are any legal issues with such a plan?

Somebody is doing the very same thing on Ebay already.

I have a handy tip to make your loo roll go twice as far folks,..

Use both sides!