Premier League And Efl Suspended indefinitely.

Due to the coronavirus obviously. Just yesterday evening at the joint press conference the Chief Medical Officer was saying that cancelling mass sporting events wasn't necessary but given the increased reporting of the virus and self isolating of numerous players and managers I supposed the FA have bowed to the inevitable.

Well it's happened, had to be done. Could be a boost to non league attendances maybe

27 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well it's happened, had to be done. Could be a boost to non league attendances maybe

And no more humiliation for the Owls, at least for a month.

Seems reasonable if a little irritating - just because I enjoy watching the football really.

just been on no football league games for next few weeks,but racing okay? until now that is

Apparently Karen  Brady has been reported as saying the football season should now be declared null and void.

She would say that .... seen where West Ham are?

I bet she's even less popular in Liverpool than she is at her own club, where she and her fellow directors are reviled.

I subscribe to Sky Sports and BT Sport.

No live sport for three weeks and possibly longer.  What are the chances of a refund?  I'm not holding my breath!

1 minute ago, steved32 said:

Apparently Karen  Brady has been reported as saying the football season should now be declared null and void.

She would say that .... seen where West Ham are?

I bet she's even less popular in Liverpool than she is at her own club, where she and her fellow directors are reviled.

To be fair, what else can be done,

If we are back to normal on 3rd of April, it possibly could be rescued, but what if its a prolonged stoppage, as looks likely.

A couple of weeks delay, (if that's all it's going to be?), should be no problem. 

Some of us are old enough to remember when we had bad winters & the football leagues' programme was out of action for longer & everyone still managed to catch up. 

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

A couple of weeks delay, (if that's all it's going to be?), should be no problem. 

Some of us are old enough to remember when we had bad winters & the football leagues' programme was out of action for longer & everyone still managed to catch up. 

1963.  No football for two months?

On a side issue, I've remarked on the Entertainment posts about my chances of receiving refunds from Sky and BT during the period of no live football.

Remote methinks.

13 minutes ago, steved32 said:

1963.  No football for two months?

On a side issue, I've remarked on the Entertainment posts about my chances of receiving refunds from Sky and BT during the period of no live football.

Remote methinks.

We'll have to wait & see but my guess is that Sky will say that it's circumstances beyond their control, so no refund? 

However, if it is only a few weeks, those games scheduled to be shown, will still be shown. 

If does end up that the season is cancelled, (can't see that happening though for all sorts of legal mess it would create?), then maybe a months freebie at the start of the 2020-21 season from Sky?   Though again, they'd  probably claim again it was out of their hands?