Premier League And Efl Suspended indefinitely.

45 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I can't see how the EFL can void leagues 1 & 2 and not the Championship when they play the same number of games. As for the Lg 1 & 2 teams not  being able to afford to play the games, surely it would be cheaper than a normal match day as they would not have to pay all the staff. Also depending on the time scale to play them they could all be played in day light hours as there will be no spectators.

Some of the clubs in the bottom 2 divisions have furloughed their players so they would obviously have to start paying them again . There’s also the cost of quarantine and testing of  players before and during the season , all with no match day income . So you can see why some chairman wouldn’t be in a rush to finish the season.

There are only two options for the premiership and/or the championship,  they play the games, behind closed doors or whatever,  or cancel the season completely and start afresh, any other ideas would be argued about forever. Leagues  one and two could be given a one off payment to cover costs of their season being cancelled. Scrap the cup and champions league etc as these are not yet at semi final stag, let alone finals

On 09/05/2020 at 19:07, Padders said:

I agree Rogets.

whatever they do will be unfair, so call the season null and void.. of course good news for the relegation battlers, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes..

I agree - this is sport. Somehow I think that bthe legal people will be the ones making money out of this. A LOT of money.

Quite enjoying Euro96 on ITV at the moment....

Apparently there are 4 premier league clubs banding together putting forward the case for the season to be cancelled. 

In other words simply restarted again in August, so no teams relegated

The 4 unnamed clubs will put forward the case.  

The 4 Premier league clubs are asking to remain anonymous due to data protection. 

1 hour ago, rogets said:

Apparently there are 4 premier league clubs banding together putting forward the case for the season to be cancelled. 

In other words simply restarted again in August, so no teams relegated

The 4 unnamed clubs will put forward the case.  

The 4 Premier league clubs are asking to remain anonymous due to data protection. 

Radical idea?  Why not start next season in the Premiership & Championship & simply add next seasons points to this season? 

Still think the best option, with the fewest games to play would be to have the bottom 4 in the Premiership playoff against the the top 4 of the Championship in one off games.  7 games would decide promotion & relegation. 

If those who would be involved don't like it, tough.  Tell them that the only other option is the total cancellation of the season.  As I understand it, if 14 clubs in the Premiership vote for something, then it's legally binding.  Presumably there's a similar set up in the Championship? 

Edited by Baron99

Welcome back to the Championship Rotherham,  bit fortunate but that's how it goes,

Good news for SY football.