Premier League And Efl Suspended indefinitely.

Surely if the premier League restarts the whole league should, otherwise you'd have no relegations from the Premier and it really would be just about money for the top sides. 

On 29/04/2020 at 19:13, Ridgewalk said:

We've already  been robbed of a Cup Final appearance

Oddly enough I am going to agree with you for just this once, I almost put some money on you lot winning the FA cup this season the way things were going, glad I didn't now ..... never mind eh !

6 hours ago, redbig said:

Surely if the premier League restarts the whole league should, otherwise you'd have no relegations from the Premier and it really would be just about money for the top sides. 

Yep that's all it is, the outcome now is going to still be one big anti climax, lot's of football fans are going to be disappointed in what lies in store, especially now that it's plain for all to see that they count for very little within the minds of the football decision making heirarchy !

Apparently the EFL could wind leagues one and two up after next week, why only those why not the Championship it is in the EFL? There is talk about of using points per game to decide on who goes up and who goes down if the games don't take place. Why don't they just take the points of the first game played against each team and disregard the results of the second matches already played. I even saw somewhere there were talks of cutting the length of time a match is played for, although that may have been the PL. Whatever they decide then there are bound to be a lot of unhappy fans and at least 9 unhappy teams in the EFL who will argue they may not have been relegated. Then there are teams that will say with a late push they may have got promoted or into the play offs, especially if they have still to play teams in the play off places.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/league-one-and-league-two-could-be-abandoned-next-week-with-planned-efl-vote/ar-BB13GItr?ocid=spartanntp

I'm going to take a wild guess that if that happens there will only be promotion/relegation between the Championship and the Premier League this season however that may yet be decided, the only clubs with the financial clout to perhaps take legal action against decisions they deem unfair are concerned in that scenario IMHO

Edited by Michael_W

Today's EPL ultimatum seems to be this:

either agree use of neutral grounds for the remaining games

or else the entire season's results are expunged.

See BCC News report at https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52558225

Legal questions remain. I wonder what the EPL's rules stipulate in such a case.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

9 hours ago, redbig said:

It has only ever been about money for the top teams.

well swfc would be classed as 3rd if only 50% of games played,but theres lots of permutations and ideas,also what about betting?,i have swfc,leeds and WBA all to go up on different bets,not to win the league,just go up,also I have Doncaster just to go up and millions of others will have bets,very difficult  to sort,theres forced to be winners and losers in all this,but lives are more important than anything else.

According to   

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/efl-to-axe-league-one-and-two-seasons-with-promotion-and-relegation-as-announcement-imminent-reports/ar-BB13Mwsc?ocid=spartanntp

League One and League Two football will be axed until next season with promotion and relegation set to be confirmed. The report claims the EFL will tell clubs in Leagues One and Two there is no chance of continuing the season, requesting a vote on how to decide promotion and relegation. 

The plan remains for the Championship and Premier League seasons to be resumed if possible.

How can they tell the clubs in Leagues 1 & 2 there is no chance of the season finishing, yet not say the same to the Championship, they play the same number of games.

Speaking as a Barnsley fan I think the season should be cancelled 

Just restart next season.  

I'm sure we can miss relegation and promotion for just one season? 

6 hours ago, rogets said:

Speaking as a Barnsley fan I think the season should be cancelled 

Just restart next season.  

I'm sure we can miss relegation and promotion for just one season? 

I agree Rogets.

Unprecedented times, whatever they do will be unfair, so call the season null and void.. of course good news for the relegation battlers, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.. nobody's won or lost anything yet, Barnsley could still pull off the great escape, Liverpool could yet slip up... end it now.

Of corsets all about money.

The bottom 2 leagues  wouldn't  be able to afford to play games behind closed doors.Its probably gonna get voided.

In the Championship some clubs would manage while others would find the extra costs crippling . It could go either way.

The Premiership probably couldn't afford not to play the games. Apparently they would loose £1Billion in TV rights. So if the Government open the door they will find a way somehow to complete.

Thats my guess anyhow.

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Of corsets all about money.

The bottom 2 leagues  wouldn't  be able to afford to play games behind closed doors.Its probably gonna get voided.

In the Championship some clubs would manage while others would find the extra costs crippling . It could go either way.

The Premiership probably couldn't afford not to play the games. Apparently they would loose £1Billion in TV rights. So if the Government open the door they will find a way somehow to complete.

Thats my guess anyhow.

I can't see how the EFL can void leagues 1 & 2 and not the Championship when they play the same number of games. As for the Lg 1 & 2 teams not  being able to afford to play the games, surely it would be cheaper than a normal match day as they would not have to pay all the staff. Also depending on the time scale to play them they could all be played in day light hours as there will be no spectators.