Premier League And Efl Suspended indefinitely.

Premier League season suspended indefinitely following coronavirus crisis meeting.

The 2019/20 campaign is now on hold without a fixed return date after chiefs from all 20 Premier League clubs held a conference call on Friday morning

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-season-suspended-indefinitely-21808781

A statement from the EFL runs parallel to that of the Premier League’s statement saying: “As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the EFL, Premier League, FA and Barclays FA Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship has today collectively agreed to postpone its football competitions until it is safe to resume.

Edited by iansheff

whats your thoughts football fans that all league and cup and play offs to be played behind closed doors in a time scale of 56 days,whats the  thought of all football fans to this idea,will there be season ticket refunds,will they all be on tv? what about gate receipts? it will certainly  cause a lot of discussion,whats your thoughts?

My thoughts are in a previous post #15,

On the idea of playing behind closed doors, I think all premiership & championship matches would be on available on tv, therefore Sky could lift their pause on sport subscriptions and season ticket monies  might be returned on matches yet to be played or credits for next seasons tickets 

It looks as if the remaining games will start June9th according to the latest news with 5 subs being allowed

I am looking forward to this day

7 hours ago, barry-333 said:

It looks as if the remaining games will start June9th according to the latest news with 5 subs being allowed

I am looking forward to this day

No chance of this happening imo.

17 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

No chance of this happening imo.

The united squad have had a get together today apparantly

What do we all think about finishing the season ?

From a selfish point of view being a Blade I’d love it if they could play all the games out and see where we finish. 
It’s obviously not gonna be the same not being able to watch the games live but I’ll take it as being the best if a bad job. 

We've already  been robbed of a Cup Final appearance

Edited by Ridgewalk

21 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

We've already  been robbed of a Cup Final appearance

How's that? Didn't think any final places were sorted.

As for the season they have to do what they thinks best. Whatever decision is made there are club's that aren't going to be happy. I can't see it ending early with the money involved, that's all football revolves around these days 

On 30/04/2020 at 14:32, West 77 said:

The Mayor of Liverpool has made some sensible comments today. He's said even if matches are played behind closed doors Liverpool fans are still going to gather in large numbers to celebrate outside Anfield when they win the title.  The only sensible thing to do now is end the season and award final league positions based on average points per game each team has achieved. The play offs should be scrapped and one less team relegated from the main leagues.  That would mean only the bottom two teams  are relegated from the Premiership and replaced by the top two teams from the Championship.  League one and Two  would also to do the same with one less relegation place.  Then all teams can make preparations for the new season assuming it will start in August. 

When the playoffs first started, didn't we have the bottom 4 of the top division play the top 4 of the lower division?  So 17th in Premier would play 4th in Championship & 18th would play 3rd, etc. 

7 games for 3 divisions, no relegation this season the National League as they've already packed in. Play at a neutral venue, over say a 10 day period.  

The rest of the positions in each league, stay as they are now.  

Edited by Baron99

Read back pages in todays Sheffield Star, a depressing read if it all happens.

20 hours ago, West 77 said:

I remember the third bottom team of the top division in England playing with the teams finishing  3rd, 4th and 5th in what is now the Championship.  The play offs were only introduced to keep interest and the spectator numbers up until the end of the season because more teams would have something to play for.  There will not be any spectators anyway if the season resumes. France have cancelled their leagues already and awarded final positions in the tables.    It makes sense for England to do the same.  Relegation should still happen with just one less team being relegated from each league due to the absence of the play offs.  It may be possible to finish the FA Cup at neutral venues.

The Dutch have also cancelled their football season. 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/dutch-eredivisie/story/4088830/coronavirus-sees-2019-20-dutch-season-cancelled-with-ajax-denied-title

Appears that those in charge of the Dutch clubs are taking a very pragmatic view of things. 

Edited by Baron99