Clamped Untaxed Cars

Ive seen quite a few clamped cars with UNTAXED stickers on around Sheffield this week so they may be having a blitz. Great idea  why should anyone get away with it I say !!!  ( I wait with baited breath for the negative comments!)

It should have been done long ago also its good seeing them putting cars in .

There was a car on Deerlands with a clamp on it then someone took the clamp off and left clamp at side of road 

40 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

There was a car on Deerlands with a clamp on it then someone took the clamp off and left clamp at side of road 

HA HA.

Could only happen on Parson Cross.

Nothing negative from me.

If you want to own and use your car on the road, the deal is...

It's insured

It has a valid MOT

It has TAX

I know the "cheap" period ended in about March 2017 but the price is what it is. Choose wisely when buying new or used if you want cheaper tax.

Hi Zach, 

IMHO I'm thinking you missed one crucial additional item:

A Valid Full Driving Licence

(Which I fear many people who drive regularly don't have!

Or have never had)

Or have lost it for one reason or another.

Edited by DeZeus
.:

7 minutes ago, DeZeus said:

Hi Zach, 

IMHO I'm thinking you missed one crucial additional item:

A Valid Full Driving Licence

(Which I fear many people who drive regularly don't have!

Or have never had)

Or have lost it for one reason or another.

I deliberately didn't include it in the list as the thread was about cars that didn't have tax. You don't need to have passed a test to own a car and keep it on the road legally.

1 hour ago, zach said:

I deliberately didn't include it in the list as the thread was about cars that didn't have tax. You don't need to have passed a test to own a car and keep it on the road legally.

More's the pity. Valid photo ID driving licences should be be a requirement when taxing AND insuring a vehicle and the law should be catching up on what I suspect is a very large number of foreign licences which are either not genuine or invalid for other reasons.  And it ought to be an offence to be driving a vehicle without a valid photo id licence in your physical possession. 

Probably got no insurance either? 

theres been millions of pounds lost since they scrapped having the disc,but the favourite for many without insurance and even a licence was they would buy a cheapo car with a 12 month tax disc and drive that around,on the face of it looking legal,where now is it not a offence to sell a car and pass on the tax as such?

No complaints from me.

you have got to wonder what happens every time these untaxed cars ping the camera and the DVLA do absolutely nothing. Should crush the cars with its owner inside

2 hours ago, DavidFrance said:

More's the pity. Valid photo ID driving licences should be be a requirement when taxing AND insuring a vehicle and the law should be catching up on what I suspect is a very large number of foreign licences which are either not genuine or invalid for other reasons.  And it ought to be an offence to be driving a vehicle without a valid photo id licence in your physical possession. 

Why?  I don't own photo id and have no intention of paying additional money to have one.