Boots - No Prescription Being Filled Today?

Hi,

I dropped off a prescription at our local Boots yesterday, was told to come back today. They said it wasn't ready because Boots computer systems for prescriptions is down all across the country. I can't find any news stories about it, so it seems a bit odd if true.

They were good about giving me my prescription back so I could take it to another non-Boots chemist.

Just curious if anyone has had similar problems.

Edited by Groose

Same problem for me at the small Boots pharmacy near junction of Abbeydale Rd & Edgedale Rd, last Tuesday.  The pharmacist said it was down all day. 

I left my prescription & hoped to pick it up tomorrow (Friday)? 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Same problem for me at the small Boots pharmacy near junction of Abbeydale Rd & Edgedale Rd, last Tuesday.  The pharmacist said it was down all day. 

I left my prescription & hoped to pick it up tomorrow (Friday)? 

There's another pharmacy almost exactly over the road from it. Even if you walk via the pedestrian crossing it's only about 80m away.

50 minutes ago, altus said:

There's another pharmacy almost exactly over the road from it. Even if you walk via the pedestrian crossing it's only about 80m away.

Yes I know.  If I don't get a text from Boots by early afternoon tomorrow, that's where my prescription & I will be heading. 

6 hours ago, Dozer said:

Hi,

I dropped off a prescription at our local Boots yesterday, was told to come back today. They said it wasn't ready because Boots computer systems for prescriptions is down all across the country. I can't find any news stories about it, so it seems a bit odd if true.

They were good about giving me my prescription back so I could take it to another non-Boots chemist.

Just curious if anyone has had similar problems.

Boots at Heeley retail park dispensed my prescription today just fine