Corruption In City Councils?

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

A few years ago Amey were re-laying the whole of Arundel Lane, it runs at the side of the Rutland pub, they were laying a fresh new asphalt surface, it was a untouched cobbled lane, so all the fantastic cobbles were removed and the Amey workers were selling them off for £50 a load plus when the Wicker was being redone, they found all the tramlines that were still in situ, they job was dragged out until all the tramlines were removed and sold for scrap by the workers.

And yet nobody noticed it and reported it on here, to the council, press etc until now?

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

A few years ago Amey were re-laying the whole of Arundel Lane, it runs at the side of the Rutland pub, they were laying a fresh new asphalt surface, it was a untouched cobbled lane, so all the fantastic cobbles were removed and the Amey workers were selling them off for £50 a load plus when the Wicker was being redone, they found all the tramlines that were still in situ, they job was dragged out until all the tramlines were removed and sold for scrap by the workers.

I do hope that you have proof of this.

Or an excellent lawyer.

7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I do hope that you have proof of this.

Or an excellent lawyer.

I do not make things up, repeat I do not make things up.

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

And yet nobody noticed it and reported it on here, to the council, press etc until now?

Why should they report it on here?  the people who bought the cobbles and the scrap noticed, the J C B driver they noticed , sadly the events happened years ago now.

On 13/03/2020 at 10:27, alchresearch said:

Sounds just like Halfords at an MOT test, only on a grander scale.

As for Amey, lets not forget that environmental campaigners argued that many healthy trees were being cut down unnecessarily for contractual reasons.

Birmingham City Council fined Amey for unnecessary cosmetics for a number of jobs they did for them.

And another example here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7947407/Council-defends-contractors-wobbly-football-pitch-lines-day-work.html

Fell for that once when wife left MoT to the last minute. Won't fall for it again.

OMG I have heard so many stories of underhand practices. I doubt discussing them here would achieve much. I'm sure today it is much much harder. But 2-3 decades ago it was rife....RIFE!!

One story involves  council property purchase (business premises) after bent council officials took bribes to reveal offers tended and the bidder missed out.....yes, it's true...the ombudsman was brought in and proved it so. 

This I heard so cannot confirm but sounds possible - Former school house that was for sale 30+yrs  ago with a huge list of stipulations that put everyone off buying....council official purchased it and the stipulations were removed - lol

Everyone seems to know of something dodgy - otherwise why would the general public be so cynical and suspicious towards them.

Edited by mrcharlie