I Thought Comedy Was Dead Till I Saw ?

23 minutes ago, neilf said:

I also like This Country although I don't bust a gut laughing! havnt actually done that since the 80s and 90s only fools, faulty towers,and later stuff with Peter Kay!

Yeh I agree Iconic stuff you mentioned but to say this is only  low budget stuff,  in my opinion its better than most of todays so called comedies like Mrs Browns boys and kieth Lemmons efforts. 

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Yeh I agree Iconic stuff you mentioned but to say this is only  low budget stuff,  in my opinion its better than most of todays so called comedies like Mrs Browns boys and kieth Lemmons efforts. 

Absolutely Mrs Brown Kieth Lemon rubbish, also loved Dinner Ladies and Early Doors, Royle Family,  didn't like the later ones of the Royles though!

8 hours ago, neilf said:

Absolutely Mrs Brown Kieth Lemon rubbish, also loved Dinner Ladies and Early Doors, Royle Family,  didn't like the later ones of the Royles though!

Early episodes of Royles, Early doors yes definately for me but Dinner ladies not my bag. 

Any production via BBC3 is likely to be a load of rubbish.

the TV equivalent of “dad dancing”

My favourite comedy programme of all time was Porridge.

Curb your enthusiasm is the market leader at the moment.

This will divide opinions but I've been busting a gut watching Vic and Bob's Big Night out (back on BBC 2). 

My wife hates it but I love it cause it's just 2 ageing blokes just acting stupid for half an hour.

Edited by AMR67

1 hour ago, AMR67 said:

This will divide opinions but I've been busting a gut watching Vic and Bob's Big Night out (back on BBC 2). 

My wife hates it but I love it cause it's just 2 ageing blokes just acting stupid for half an hour.

I used to like them but haven’t watched their latest show. Didn’t one of them do a fishing show ?

16 hours ago, pattricia said:

I used to like them but haven’t watched their latest show. Didn’t one of them do a fishing show ?

Never found them funny, Gordon Ramsey made Reeves look the idiot he his when he tried to be clever by ordering chips and egg on the British version of Hells Kitchen. Ramsey gave  him a favourite  take your hook tablet with the odd profanity chucked in  as only Ramsey would. :hihi:

This weeks Unintentional Comedy award goes to BBC's Last Tango in Halifax.

I was laughing my head off as Sarah Lancashire (Caroline) and Nicola Walker (Gillian) were each peeling carrots at the kitchen table.

ok as both of these actors never seem to be out of work they obviously don't have to peel carrots in the real world anymore, but come on Girls get in Character, both are supposed to be mothers and one of them's a farmer.

I'd have hated to have been growing up on that farm, I't have taken a fortnight to put a Rabbit stew together by the time it was taking to peel just one of the carrots.

ok in my youth I've worked in Cafes but the way they were peeling the carrots was the funniest, bordering on dangerous things I've seen for a long time.

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

This weeks Unintentional Comedy award goes to BBC's Last Tango in Halifax.

I was laughing my head off as Sarah Lancashire (Caroline) and Nicola Walker (Gillian) were each peeling carrots at the kitchen table.

ok as both of these actors never seem to be out of work they obviously don't have to peel carrots in the real world anymore, but come on Girls get in Character, both are supposed to be mothers and one of them's a farmer.

I'd have hated to have been growing up on that farm, I't have taken a fortnight to put a Rabbit stew together by the time it was taking to peel just one of the carrots.

ok in my youth I've worked in Cafes but the way they were peeling the carrots was the funniest, bordering on dangerous things I've seen for a long time.

I thought that too.     Plus how many carrots did Caroline need ?  There were enough there to feed them for a month.     Mind you this programme started out well but has just got farcical now.

Well it’s  certainly not a 24 carat production 

Mind you it ticks the PC boxes