When Was The First Hinde House School Built.

I was a pupil at Hinde House from 1958 ish to 1962 and have been trying to discover when the school was built.  Did the usual search on the web but the only info is on the newer school.

While I was a student there they started building another school next to the original in line with it. I left before it was completed.

Any info welcome.

Kiwi Pete.

32 minutes ago, KiwiPete said:

I was a pupil at Hinde House from 1958 ish to 1962 and have been trying to discover when the school was built.  Did the usual search on the web but the only info is on the newer school.

While I was a student there they started building another school next to the original in line with it. I left before it was completed.

Any info welcome.

Kiwi Pete.

There's a picture on Picture Sheffield showing the old school with a date of 1940-1959

Duffems

Edited by DUFFEMS

It was opened for Fourth form entry in September 1956 and officially opened 9 months later on the 26th June 1957.

It was extended in September 1963.

I went form Shiregreen Junior school to CGS in town and i know my school friends went to Hinde house as it was a new built school either for that year or the year before. 

I went there when it first opened in Sept 1956 . Was in the first 5th form which   had 10 girls & 5 boys (inc me). Did RSA School Certificate & left 1960.