Taxi Knowledge Test.

3 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

If I followed the sat-nav on the app, almost every job would be the long way around.

So that's the first sentence wrong.

I agree. I get Taxis in Liverpool city centre a lot, and the black cab drivers know shortcuts and traffic light sequences and can get you there far quicker than a sat nav.

Thanks all, tubs good luck to you with the re-test next week, keep us posted👍👍

19 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Good.

No more being taken around the long way.  No more awkward conversations about which route. No more constantly having to give prompts about turn left turn right.  No more lies from the phone operators about ...just round the corner love...   All tracked from point to point.

More drivers, more vehicles, more companies and better competition.

The black cab mafia was well ready for disruption and it's been a long time coming.  

Unfortuantely this isn't the case, they can choose which route, and often defaults to 'longest' (although fastest) as fairs are done on distance, not time....

Also means more drivers yes - but MUCH lower standards

Less competition as the big players (like UBER) are too big for small(er) and new companies to compete with...

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I agree. I get Taxis in Liverpool city centre a lot, and the black cab drivers know shortcuts and traffic light sequences and can get you there far quicker than a sat nav.

I can too in Sheffield. Also the sat nav doesn't know that we can use bus gates, so pretty much every job that involves town takes you the long way around.

😂

Edited by Blue Day

On 13/03/2020 at 07:05, *_ash_* said:

If I followed the sat-nav on the app, almost every job would be the long way around.

So that's the first sentence wrong.

All depends on your routing settings.

Most, if not all, Sat nav and Sat nav apps give you the option of either shortest or fastest route, so to state that the sentence in question is outrightly incorrectly is, in itself, incorrect. 

On 10/03/2020 at 06:50, lazarus said:

The black cab I had on Saturday night was driven by a Somali, no older than twenty one and could barely speak English, hows he passed his taxi test. 

He probably didn't. In my experience many black cab drivers in Sheffield rent their cabs out to other people when they're not using themselves. Frequently the person driving doesn't look like the person photographed on the licence plate.

2 hours ago, Resident said:

All depends on your routing settings.

Most, if not all, Sat nav and Sat nav apps give you the option of either shortest or fastest route, so to state that the sentence in question is outrightly incorrectly is, in itself, incorrect. 

It's neither a sat nav or a sat nav app. It's a taxi app.

And since I've done 10,000 jobs on it, I suggest that I know that I am right.

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

It's neither a sat nav or a sat nav app. It's a taxi app.

And since I've done 10,000 jobs on it, I suggest that I know that I am right.

😂🤝