Taxi Knowledge Test.

Hi all,

Has anyone done the new computer based taxi knowledge test for SCC, I have my test coming up in a few weeks time, any help/ pointers would be much appreciated, at moment I'm studying the sheffield a-z and familiarising myself with landmarks/points of interesting and such, any help from anyone whose done this or taxi drivers would be great.

Cheers all.

Didn't know there was a computer test .good luck,you will never be rich but you will always be able to buy a loaf of bread.

When I  took my black cab test, we had to know all the roads on the  bus routes.

The black cab I had on Saturday night was driven by a Somali, no older than twenty one and could barely speak English, hows he passed his taxi test. 

14 hours ago, rayggb said:

Didn't know there was a computer test .good luck,you will never be rich but you will always be able to buy a loaf of bread.

Ha ha, thanks ray, trust me I'm not doing it to get rich lol.

11 hours ago, DIDO said:

When I  took my black cab test, we had to know all the roads on the  bus routes.

Thanks dido, I didnt know that.

with black cabs a lot of them don't seem to no were there going ,but private cabs seem to .

Remember just to stop dead in the middle of the road with no warning, do a U-turn in front of vehicles, especially those that struggle to stop quickly like a bus or tram and also remember that the highway code doesn't apply, along with any parking restrictions and you'll be on to a winner! :hihi::hihi:

That's because your council made it patheticly easy a while ago .now you see the consequences!

4 hours ago, scrapper said:

with black cabs a lot of them don't seem to no were there going ,but private cabs seem to .

tbh most taxi's now run from sat-nav.... Apps like Uber, that include GPS and 'best route' etc for drivers to follow have reduced the standards and made it so 'anyone' can be a taxi! :(

Hi, I did it the other week it’s quite easy tbh u have 45mins to answer 53 questions. All multiple choice.   I failed as I forgot about the time 🤦🏾‍♂️  The computer switched of with ten questions left to answer 😩.  I got a cancellation this morning, so my next test is Thursday 😁🙌🏾   Ill keep u posted. 

7 hours ago, Ghozer said:

tbh most taxi's now run from sat-nav.... Apps like Uber, that include GPS and 'best route' etc for drivers to follow have reduced the standards and made it so 'anyone' can be a taxi! :(

Good.

No more being taken around the long way.  No more awkward conversations about which route. No more constantly having to give prompts about turn left turn right.  No more lies from the phone operators about ...just round the corner love...   All tracked from point to point.

More drivers, more vehicles, more companies and better competition.

The black cab mafia was well ready for disruption and it's been a long time coming.  

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Good.

No more being taken around the long way.  No more awkward conversations about which route. No more constantly having to give prompts about turn left turn right.  No more lies from the phone operators about ...just round the corner love...   All tracked from point to point.

More drivers, more vehicles, more companies and better competition.

The black cab mafia was well ready for disruption and it's been a long time coming.  

If I followed the sat-nav on the app, almost every job would be the long way around.

So that's the first sentence wrong.