Anyone Know Java,Jquery And Php.

Hello,

I am perhaps not even phrasing this question right, but I'm looking for help on my site. On my booking page I select 2 date ranges which then presents the modal popup. I am trying to work within the modal the 2 date ranges (ie the days between them, booking start day etc).

Doing this within the main page is fine, but my values are not working within the modal popup. I think it is because the values I need to work with are the ones that actually prompt the popup.

2nSTn.png 

This is the calendar which when the date ranges are selected presents the modal seen below.

PIdBZ.png 

This is the popup, I cannot get my javascript to work with the start-date and end-date within the modal (my overall aim is to have the minimum booking days populated automatically from the date start and date end range.

Does Sheffieldforum have any java or php experts :)

I don't know Java but know some PHP - not exactly sure on your code for calling the modal, but maybe pass the values of the start and last of the date-range through as a variable?

I have no comment on your problem but why the small and ridiculously low contrast text? It doesn't make your site look cool and minimalist - it just makes it hard to read. Have a read of this - Low-Contrast Text Is Not the Answer.

8 hours ago, Ghozer said:

I don't know Java but know some PHP - not exactly sure on your code for calling the modal, but maybe pass the values of the start and last of the date-range through as a variable?

Thanks Ghozer, I believe that is what is happening within the modal, if I move this to the main body of the page it works since (I can do date ranges, or any other math on the date format, just not within the modal).

<div class="col-md-6">
                        <label for="start_date_owner_book"><?php esc_html_e('Start Date','wprentals');?></label>
                        <input type="text" id="start_date_owner_book" size="40" name="booking_from_date" class="form-control" value="">

</div>

<div class="col-md-6">
                        <label for="end_date_owner_book"><?php  esc_html_e('End Date','wprentals');?></label>
                        <input type="text" id="end_date_owner_book" size="40" name="booking_to_date" class="form-control" value="">
                    </div>

1 hour ago, altus said:

I have no comment on your problem but why the small and ridiculously low contrast text? It doesn't make your site look cool and minimalist - it just makes it hard to read. Have a read of this - Low-Contrast Text Is Not the Answer.

It is a wordpress theme that looks fine, you are only seeing a small popup that I have snipped for the purpose of my question.

On 09/03/2020 at 11:13, altus said:

What small and low contrast text? all looks perfectly fine and readable to me....

57 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

What small and low contrast text? all looks perfectly fine and readable to me....

OK, my bad on the size, I didn't realise it was being scaled by the browser. On the Custom Price popup, the main text is closer to white than it is to black. You don't think that's low contrast? Just because it's easily readable to you doesn't mean it will be to everyone. It seems a silly thing to risk losing customers over.

6 minutes ago, altus said:

OK, my bad on the size, I didn't realise it was being scaled by the browser. On the Custom Price popup, the main text is closer to white than it is to black. You don't think that's low contrast? Just because it's easily readable to you doesn't mean it will be to everyone. It seems a silly thing to risk losing customers over.

While at the same time, text that is black (or close to) on white jumps around a lot for some dyslexic people, and is harder to see for some visually impaired people, due to the contrast difference...

This is why there needs to be a standardized set of 'accessibility' guidelines that ALL websites should follow, and to offer it as an option (similar to site languages) - but we are far from being there unfortunately!

2 hours ago, Ghozer said:

While at the same time, text that is black (or close to) on white jumps around a lot for some dyslexic people, and is harder to see for some visually impaired people, due to the contrast difference...

This is why there needs to be a standardized set of 'accessibility' guidelines that ALL websites should follow, and to offer it as an option (similar to site languages) - but we are far from being there unfortunately!

Choosing a balance between conflicting requirements just leaves everyone with a poor experience. The thing is, the choice of the perfect colour scheme for everyone has been a solved problem since the first graphical web browser - just use the default colours for anything you need to be readable. Every user can set their own scheme in the browser preferences and websites will automatically adapt to everyone's choices. The problem is, web designers view themselves as creatives who are too interested in expressing their artistic vision.

11 minutes ago, altus said:

Choosing a balance between conflicting requirements just leaves everyone with a poor experience. The thing is, the choice of the perfect colour scheme for everyone has been a solved problem since the first graphical web browser - just use the default colours for anything you need to be readable. Every user can set their own scheme in the browser preferences and websites will automatically adapt to everyone's choices. The problem is, web designers view themselves as creatives who are too interested in expressing their artistic vision.

This isn't the case, a website's font size, color, type, style etc is determined by the website, not the browser...

there's no settings in browsers to reconfigure websites, beyond zooming the page / text - in which some elements will be incorrectly rendered etc...

Some people set high-contrast settings in their OS, and it some times works on websites, but again - if the website hasn't allowed it to be, and made all their elements work/display correctly, then it wont be usable...

23 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

This isn't the case, a website's font size, color, type, style etc is determined by the website, not the browser...

there's no settings in browsers to reconfigure websites, beyond zooming the page / text - in which some elements will be incorrectly rendered etc...

Some people set high-contrast settings in their OS, and it some times works on websites, but again - if the website hasn't allowed it to be, and made all their elements work/display correctly, then it wont be usable...

That's my point about web designers viewing themselves as creatives expressing their artistic vision. Every web page starts out with the user's preferred typeface, size, colour scheme, etc. Choices by the web designer change that. They have the tools to do it properly - they chose not just to ignore them but to thwart them.

16 minutes ago, altus said:

That's my point about web designers viewing themselves as creatives expressing their artistic vision. Every web page starts out with the user's preferred typeface, size, colour scheme, etc. Choices by the web designer change that. They have the tools to do it properly - they chose not just to ignore them but to thwart them.

no, every website doesn't "start out with users preferred typeface, size, colour scheme etc" that's not how it works...