Jump to content

Rylan Clark-Neal

Recommended Posts

What is it with  this Rylan Clarke, he is an absoloute wanna be with no talent oops! sorry he has two talents,  those being annoying and very irratiting,   he has got to be one of worst people I have ever seen present a show. :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just putting aside personal opinion and dislike for a moment (something which I would fully agree with you on).  

 

I have to counter that you cannot call a presenter who has been repeatedly hired for numerous television shows for over 10 years, hosts a flagship BBC national radio show each week and whose book was a Sunday Times No1 bestseller a "wannabe" and having "no talent".    That is clearly not accurate.

 

Yes - We clearly dont get it.   He is certainly not my favourite either.  But there is a simple solution, we change the channel.

 

Clearly enough of the masses do get it.   The 'talent' he has in this circumstance is his ability to fit the requirements for the non-offensive, slightly camp, fluffy pensioner favourite style presenter needed for a daytime turkey like Ready Steady Cook.    He is (just about) still hip enough to host and attract enought 'yoof' viewers to gaudy ITV2 reality shows when required and certainly ticks enough Dale Winton boxes to hit the right level of cheese for game show presentation.    For all we may not deem it worthy - that IS a talent.

 

Another thing is that regardless of whether we like his style and persona, there is no doubt that hosting live television and radio whilst maintaining enough personality is a skill.    For anyone who has had to do even minor forms of public speaking, just think about dealing with that whilst following direction, reading scripted autocue, moving  and interacting with set and props, having multiple voices in your earpiece shouting at you and the crew and having to finish what you're are doing and saying absolutely bang on to the second so the next item/segment/video can begin transmisison.

 

Its a job I couldn't do and plenty of real "wannabes" fail to get it each year.    Some of them have the right criteria and he is obviously one of them.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Just putting aside personal opinion and dislike for a moment (something which I would fully agree with you on).  

 

I have to counter that you cannot call a presenter who has been repeatedly hired for numerous television shows for over 10 years, hosts a flagship BBC national radio show each week and whose book was a Sunday Times No1 bestseller a "wannabe" and having "no talent".    That is clearly not accurate.

 

Yes - We clearly dont get it.   He is certainly not my favourite either.  But there is a simple solution, we change the channel.

 

Clearly enough of the masses do get it.   The 'talent' he has in this circumstance is his ability to fit the requirements for the non-offensive, slightly camp, fluffy pensioner favourite style presenter needed for a daytime turkey like Ready Steady Cook.    He is (just about) still hip enough to host and attract enought 'yoof' viewers to gaudy ITV2 reality shows when required and certainly ticks enough Dale Winton boxes to hit the right level of cheese for game show presentation.    For all we may not deem it worthy - that IS a talent.

 

Another thing is that regardless of whether we like his style and persona, there is no doubt that hosting live television and radio whilst maintaining enough personality is a skill.    For anyone who has had to do even minor forms of public speaking, just think about dealing with that whilst following direction, reading scripted autocue, moving  and interacting with set and props, having multiple voices in your earpiece shouting at you and the crew and having to finish what you're are doing and saying absolutely bang on to the second so the next item/segment/video can begin transmisison.

 

Its a job I couldn't do and plenty of real "wannabes" fail to get it each year.    Some of them have the right criteria and he is obviously one of them.

He obviously has a good agent thats the real answer.  He is as false as they come and cringe worthy to watch he makes my skin crawl. Ive never watched anything he as ever been involved with apart from five minuets on the X factor and if it hadn't have been for Walsh he would have dissapeared with  some of the other aspects of Pond life that show produces (jedward and co).  Simon Cowel hated him and the likes of Jedward.  If you like him so be it.  I dont. He is Crap.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For goodness sake - go back and read my post again.    Where the hell have I said I like him.   I was actually agreeing with you.

 

All I was trying to demonstrate is that a personal dislike does not automatically equal talentless.   Talentless people dont have a career like his.  They fade away into obscurity as soon as they start.

 

Of course he is "fake".   All TV presenters are - that's their job.  They present and when the lights switch off they are human again.  Do you honestly think that Bradley Walsh or Bruce Forsyth or Bob Monkhouse actually gave a flying fig whether or not the conestants won the prize?    Do you actually think that Oprah Winfrey, Holly & Phil, Jeremy Kyle or Terry Wogan actaully care about the people involved in whatever human interest story they were blabbing on about.      Hell, do you even think that Doris on the tills at Tesco really cares if you "have a good day".

 

Taste is personal.   He is not liked by everyone and neither is he supposed to be.   Fact is that whether you like it or not, he is popular enough (at the moment) to keep being on screen.

 

Yes of course he will have a good agent - as would any of us in that business - but Agent alone does not override the fact that Mr Clark-Neal has something which the producers want.    

 

Your obviously robust dislike and dismissal of him is quite reactionary given you have admitted you're only exposure was 5 minutes of a TV show from nearly 8 years ago.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His teeth alone are enough to put me off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

For goodness sake - go back and read my post again.    Where the hell have I said I like him.   I was actually agreeing with you.

 

All I was trying to demonstrate is that a personal dislike does not automatically equal talentless.   Talentless people dont have a career like his.  They fade away into obscurity as soon as they start.

 

Of course he is "fake".   All TV presenters are - that's their job.  They present and when the lights switch off they are human again.  Do you honestly think that Bradley Walsh or Bruce Forsyth or Bob Monkhouse actually gave a flying fig whether or not the conestants won the prize?    Do you actually think that Oprah Winfrey, Holly & Phil, Jeremy Kyle or Terry Wogan actaully care about the people involved in whatever human interest story they were blabbing on about.      Hell, do you even think that Doris on the tills at Tesco really cares if you "have a good day".

 

Taste is personal.   He is not liked by everyone and neither is he supposed to be.   Fact is that whether you like it or not, he is popular enough (at the moment) to keep being on screen.

 

Yes of course he will have a good agent - as would any of us in that business - but Agent alone does not override the fact that Mr Clark-Neal has something which the producers want.    

 

Your obviously robust dislike and dismissal of him is quite reactionary given you have admitted you're only exposure was 5 minutes of a TV show from nearly 8 years ago.  

 

 

And Im just stating he shouldn't be where he is because there are better presenters out there. Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it, thanks for your input tho. :roll:

7 minutes ago, lindylou53 said:

His teeth alone are enough to put me off!

His teeth, his dyed hair and beard all matching and his fake personality.  :gag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is no more irritating than the rest of the crop, Willoughby, Schofield and that kid who does tricks, they have the tv by the balls, like some mafia that are wheeled out on just about every crappy show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mickey finn said:

He is no more irritating than the rest of the crop, Willoughby, Schofield and that kid who does tricks, they have the tv by the balls, like some mafia that are wheeled out on just about every crappy show.

David Blane ? :hihi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seen much of him,  and after noticing how he was so belittling to his own mother on Gogglebox I've avoided him since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

David Blane ? :hihi:

🤣🤣 Summat Mulhern I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cressida said:

Not seen much of him,  and after noticing how he was so belittling to his own mother on Gogglebox I've avoided him since.

He is on everything, Good morning, Super market sweep,  Goggle box and now the new ready steady cook, I used to enjoy all Ive mentioned until that Cretin got involved.  

1 minute ago, mickey finn said:

🤣🤣 Summat Mulhern I think.

Oh yeh that idiot :hihi: he is another that gets on my wick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in love with Ken Bruce on Radio 2-sounds such a nice bloke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.