Jump to content

No Handshakes In Football?

Recommended Posts

I understand this is to be 'enforced' (?) for matches from tomorrow, in an effort to curtail the spread of you-know-what.

Ironic, really, given the usual amount of phlegm blown/spat all over the pitch by virtually all the players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about when they score a goal and celebrate, hugging each other or piling on top of each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spitting every 30 seconds is still acceptable it seems, but at least they pray to the heavens at every opportunity to offset the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MillerMike said:

Spitting every 30 seconds is still acceptable it seems, but at least they pray to the heavens at every opportunity to offset the risk.

Ahhhh! So that's what all the pointing to the heavens and muttering whilst staring skywards is all about!

You've sussed it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the players didn't shake hands at the start of the match between the Blades & Norwich today, yet minutes later, they've got their hands all over each other during a corner & at the end of the game it was handshakes all round, embraces etc. 

 

Maybe when there were breaks in play & they were throwing water bottles on for the players, some contained hand sanitiser as well 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2020 at 22:28, Baron99 said:

Well the players didn't shake hands at the start of the match between the Blades & Norwich today, yet minutes later, they've got their hands all over each other during a corner & at the end of the game it was handshakes all round, embraces etc. 

 

Maybe when there were breaks in play & they were throwing water bottles on for the players, some contained hand sanitiser as well 😊

Maybe? Maybe not.

 

For MANY years, Football authorities (and Football players to a great extent) have NEVER been the sharpest tools in the box, No pun intended.

 

Then again, Corona Virus is not their fault. Maybe better to postpone a lot of games like in Italy, for a month or so?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dropout said:

Maybe? Maybe not.

 

For MANY years, Football authorities (and Football players to a great extent) have NEVER been the sharpest tools in the box, No pun intended.

 

Then again, Corona Virus is not their fault. Maybe better to postpone a lot of games like in Italy, for a month or so?!?

Some are probably more concerned about their hair style being out of place than catching something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2020 at 23:50, RiffRaff said:

I understand this is to be 'enforced' (?) for matches from tomorrow, in an effort to curtail the spread of you-know-what.

Ironic, really, given the usual amount of phlegm blown/spat all over the pitch by virtually all the players.

 

In less than two weeks we've gone from no handshakes to no football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.