The Fiesta Club Sheffield

What memories of the Fiesta Club.

Chicken in the basket!.

Getting front row seats for the Walker Brothers and being sung to by John Walker.

Lovelace Watkins, Love Affair, Tiny Tim and his Tulips.

Also, that googly eyed bear and his mate who won Opportunity Knocks!

Brilliant Night out for the time- lots of good times there!.

I struggled with chicken in a basket too...

Only went once. - It was Gene Pitney and "24 hours from Tulsa".

Wonderful memories. can't begin to name the stars we saw but the drifters were there that often we used to have a drink with them. We were working in town in the pub trade and Wednesday was always the landlords night off and that's where most of us ended up.:nod:

It's a pity that theres no where like that now, and never will be again.

These entertainers seem to prefer the big venues - more money.

But do you also remember Greasboro Club. Saw P J Proby there and Lulu.

Went quite a few times over the years. The worst night was when the hollies were pulled off the weeks stint as they were playing to audiences in there dozens. Also empty of crowd when Tommy Cooper was on.

Went quite a few times over the years. The worst night was when the hollies were pulled off the weeks stint as they were playing to audiences in there dozens. Also empty of crowd when Tommy Cooper was on.

Also worst beer of all time Camerons:gag:

Free Tickets no one ever paid, people used to take their own drinks no wonder it went down.

Dont forget Ronnie Crookes Sheffields own heavy weight boxer who was the highly respected door man.

Me & the wife saw the Drifters it was great.We had a brilliant night.

I remember the Doorman. Everyone respected him - he was massive and I never saw him get into any arguments!

Re previous posts - getting mixed up with the Cavendish Club.

And, it was Roger De Courcy with that bear!

I worked at the fiesta for a few weeks in 1974, The beer was rubbish because we were made to pull half pints into pint glasses when we weren't busy that way we could keep up with the rush during the intervals. Food was pretty good and I used to have about two or three meals in a shift. Met Freddy"love myself"Star, Tommy Cooper and Hot Chocolate.

I worked at the fiesta for a few weeks in 1974, The beer was rubbish because we were made to pull half pints into pint glasses when we weren't busy that way we could keep up with the rush during the intervals. Food was pretty good and I used to have about two or three meals in a shift. Met Freddy"love myself"Star, Tommy Cooper and Hot Chocolate.

Remember going when Tony Christie recorded an album - I think the night before New Year's Eve but can't remember the year! Still have the album (on vinyl). Recently got a CD from my sister in law in England for Christmas so got to relive the memories, But it didn't have "So Deep is the Night" and of course he's unknown over here so can't buy any here. But usedto enjoy the chicken in a basket with the salad garne (limp lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato!).

Re Chicken in a basket - limp lettuce - soft tomatoe, but it was like you were famous if you had a meal there. Can anyone remember how much it cost!.