The Fiesta Club Sheffield

I remember when georgie fame was on, he was supposed to have been involved in a car accident? wonder if it was the same 'incident'!!

No georgie was very very drunk, I was in the Mulberry tavern across the road from the Fiesta and Georgie was there with Alex Higgins about noon, I went home at 2 and returned at 7.30 and they were still there!

Not many people mention the Mulberry when Big Mick had it, Herol Graham behind the bar and the best looking bar staff in the UK! I always remember the night Ringo Starr Eric Clapton and the McGuinness Flint band came in to see Mick. He had done some roadie/security work for them in the late 60s early 70s and stayed in touch.

By the way do you remember the chef from the Fiesta who murdred the prositute in Handsworth. Her name was Edna, forget his.

can any one confirm that the disco under the Fiesta night spot was called the "Sunset disco. Who was the djs.

Andy the dj.

My parents and a couple of their friends went there to see Freddy Starr, they were really looking forward to it, but as soon as Freddy appeared doing his Tarzan act, my mum promptly fainted and had to be carried out. My mum has always stated it was because of the heat, but my Dad seems to think it was because she had seen Freddy in the flesh, so to speak after all he was only wearing a loincloth. :hihi:

I worked at the Fiesta when we had a strike, they brought scabs in, I think it lasted about 2 weeks, we use to go to the tgwu hq for refeshments to break up the picket duty. when we went back to work I remember the dj playing "you can't get me i'm part of the union"

for the guy owdlad i think!! betty didnt marry derek but they lived together for awhile and had twin boys (grown up now) she lves in mosbro..

Ah yes the good old days of the fiesta.

heres another one of my threads ill probably get hung for,

by the time the club was on its last legs and about to close i was just about old enough to get in,so dont have to many persional memories but my mum and dad went quite often.

apart from bad management in the end (didnt the last owner take off to America with the takings of owing a lot of money) correct me if im wrong.around 1979.

To compete the club had to pay silly money to the artists in the end. i persionally hold shirly bassy responsable (and a few others) for the death of the fiesta,with the fee they charged to appear.

Pure greed.

if it wasnt for the fans these artists would be know where or still on the wmc circuit.in those days the artists didnt have as many over heads as they have today.

Bring back entertainment for all,not just the under 25s.

i was a bit too young for the Fiesta but I'm sure I heard that years ago it had topless waitresses for a while. Is it true?

I remember you Cathy and we worked together on Bar 9 for a while. I remember Yvonnie, Linda GoGo, Pam, Sheila, Carole from Stockton, Tony Waters, Bill Cummins,Charles (his wife who worked the downstairs bar), waitress Joy, big-hearted Jean who was supervisor for a while...and more. I remember Bob Munday with his dark sunnies and yes he played some instrument, the memory is faint... The band was Ricky Day, Terry Clayton, Val and John. I was one of the first Fiesta Fawns wearing the little bitty puple dress laced down the front. I brought my first wonder bra to wear with it... Silver sparkly tights and sandals finished the look... Fashion was platform soled boots in every colour, maxi dresses, those sandles that laced all the way up to the knee, Afgan coats that had that funny smell to them, bags were made of patchwork leather, oh and those white wet look boots... I remember the football team and we used to get the performers to embarass staff who had a birthday by presenting them on stage with a mini meal basket arranged with strategically placed food from the kitchen. Best wishes to all you Fiesta Fawns out there.

No georgie was very very drunk, I was in the Mulberry tavern across the road from the Fiesta and Georgie was there with Alex Higgins about noon, I went home at 2 and returned at 7.30 and they were still there!

Not many people mention the Mulberry when Big Mick had it, Herol Graham behind the bar and the best looking bar staff in the UK! I always remember the night Ringo Starr Eric Clapton and the McGuinness Flint band came in to see Mick. He had done some roadie/security work for them in the late 60s early 70s and stayed in touch.

By the way do you remember the chef from the Fiesta who murdred the prositute in Handsworth. Her name was Edna, forget his.

george pullen killed russian edna theres a thread on here about it.

I worked there for about six months full time in 1975 - mainly on the lounge bar - I got to stock the bar in the Stars Dressing Room a few times! Lesley Crowther I particularly remember as being a really nice bloke! I was 21 at the time!! Bob Bacon was the Manager in those days. I remember a barman called Ronald (who I called Roland) and Josie who was one of those fiestafawns (?) I don't actually remember that term but she wore a kind of bunny outfit anyway.. I can't remember any other names except Frank the Bars Manager and the sound engineer Roger Green. Comperes were Marti Caine and Tony Whyte with the Terry Clayton band as resident. There was a barmaid Marie too.

An old friend of mine Tom Gerrard was the DJ in the Sunset room, had to get a 'proper day time job' when the Fiesta closed and then became resident DJ at Mosborough Hall Hotel working only as a DJ again. Then moved to Charnwood Hotel and did a few mid week pubs and quiz nights mainly around heeley area. Lost touch, but heard he sadly died a couple of years ago.

i remember my only time in the fiesta,sheffield united had just signed sabella,1978,i think,and united were at the fiesta that night. i was only 17,but managed to get in ,get my autographs,watch the barron knights and have a couple of pints too.on leaving,the doorman shouted me back,and gave me the publicity poster,and the signed photo of alex sabella,which had been on the wall in the foyer.