The Fiesta Club Sheffield

I worked there as restaurant cashier in 1972 for a few months. I remember the Carpenters Rainy Days and Mondays always seemed to be played while we were getting ready to open. I still have an autographed photo of the Spinners addressed to `poor tired Sue` because that was my frequent complaint when it got to around 2am. Bob Monkhouse and Tommy Cooper really were brilliant.

I wonder what happend to all the old photo`s of the acts that appeared at the Fiesta and also the photo`s from the bar in the Aquarius club in Chesterfield.Where did they go ?

yes I know you I am Kathy or Kath I shared a flat with Vonnie and Carol then I moved to Brocker Bank and shared with another girl named Kath from Durham. I still see Betty Gun she lives in the Middlesbrough now I will tell Vonnie you asked after her do you remember Pat she lived in Hyde Park flats she is still in touch with vonnie also.

hiy Kath, are you replying to me (Wendy), it didn't come up as a quote and I have only just checked the site. Not sure if I remember Pat - but the memories a bit faded these days. Do you remember Linda Go Go?

I worked there as restaurant cashier in 1972 for a few months. I remember the Carpenters Rainy Days and Mondays always seemed to be played while we were getting ready to open. I still have an autographed photo of the Spinners addressed to `poor tired Sue` because that was my frequent complaint when it got to around 2am. Bob Monkhouse and Tommy Cooper really were brilliant.

I must know you, do you remember me Wendy? I worked there from 1971 for a few years - what is your name? I remember once when Bernard Manning was on stage and someone threw a laughing bag on my tray as I was walking round - I tried everything to make it stop, he got so angry he said "if you don't turn that off I will shove it up your ******* ar**! how rude is that?

Hiy, its wendy again, just looked at your other threads and you mention Grimesthorpe School! I went there, did you? have you been on the Grimesthorpe thread - its on the ex pats - does anyone come from Grimesthorpe. I must know you - have you got any photos that you can post?

I will be 54 in July.

hiy Kath, are you replying to me (Wendy), it didn't come up as a quote and I have only just checked the site. Not sure if I remember Pat - but the memories a bit faded these days. Do you remember Linda Go Go?[/QUO

Hi Wendy yes I do remember Linda go go she has a club in spain now been over there for years I havent seen her for years but Vonnie [Yvonne from stockton married bobby ball] seen her awhile back

[ QUOTE=fiestafawn;2324083]hiy Kath, are you replying to me (Wendy), it didn't come up as a quote and I have only just checked the site. Not sure if I remember Pat - but the memories a bit faded these days. Do you remember Linda Go Go?[/QUO

Hi Wendy yes I do remember Linda go go she has a club in spain now been over there for years I havent seen her for years but Vonnie [Yvonne from stockton married bobby ball] seen her awhile back

[ QUOTE=fiestafawn;2324083]hiy Kath, are you replying to me (Wendy), it didn't come up as a quote and I have only just checked the site. Not sure if I remember Pat - but the memories a bit faded these days. Do you remember Linda Go Go?[/QUO

Hiy Kath, I have distant memories of Linda going out there now! I remember Yvonne very well, we played in the football team together, the last one she played in she was about to have her first baby - she was huge! In fact I have a photo of us all somewhere with the Real Thing do you remember we used to follow them around everywhere?

Hiy Kath, I have distant memories of Linda going out there now! I remember Yvonne very well, we played in the football team together, the last one she played in she was about to have her first baby - she was huge! In fact I have a photo of us all somewhere with the Real Thing do you remember we used to follow them around everywhere?

Hi Wendy yes I do remember the game I had married by then but still come into the club to see everyone and for the free drinks. Yes I do remember following the Real Thing poor jim lipthorpe used to go mad as I always needed to go home to Middlesbrough if the group had a gig in any of the Northen clubs. Did you come to the Fiesta christmas party in Stockton when Jim and Keith put the bus on for us. do you remember Alan Spangler he come to the Fiesta from baileys clubs and Roger I remember he broke his leg quite badly.I used to live with Alan Mayes he played with the Roy orbison Band when I worked at the club we shared a flat with Kathy a waitress from the club. and do you remember Bob Monday he was compare for a short time.

Hi Wendy yes I do remember the game I had married by then but still come into the club to see everyone and for the free drinks. Yes I do remember following the Real Thing poor jim lipthorpe used to go mad as I always needed to go home to Middlesbrough if the group had a gig in any of the Northen clubs. Did you come to the Fiesta christmas party in Stockton when Jim and Keith put the bus on for us. do you remember Alan Spangler he come to the Fiesta from baileys clubs and Roger I remember he broke his leg quite badly.I used to live with Alan Mayes he played with the Roy orbison Band when I worked at the club we shared a flat with Kathy a waitress from the club. and do you remember Bob Monday he was compare for a short time.

I do remember the christmas party, I broke the heel from my boot, they were bright green with huge platforms! I went up to Stockton a few times. Alan Spangler rings a bell, can't remember him breaking his leg tho. Do you remember Dot Sloane from Newcastle who worked there at the same time as me? can't place Bob Monday. I remember we used to get mini buses everywhere to follow the real thing, ha ha.

Georgie Fame appeared thre one night nissed as a pewt and they had to close the cutain on him.

He had been drinking in the Mulberry all day with Alex Hurricane Higgins, Mick Lee the landlord threw them out at 10.30 and he was onstage at Midnight off at 5 past.

Georgie Fame appeared thre one night nissed as a pewt and they had to close the cutain on him.

He had been drinking in the Mulberry all day with Alex Hurricane Higgins, Mick Lee the landlord threw them out at 10.30 and he was onstage at Midnight off at 5 past.

I remember when georgie fame was on, he was supposed to have been involved in a car accident? wonder if it was the same 'incident'!!