Mobile Phone Insurance

I bought my daughter an iphone11 as a reward for all the effort she has been putting into her exam study, purchased from John Lewis with 2 year basic guarantee, no problems there. Looking for insurance, it's nearly £80 a year including accidental damage!! That's one of the lower quotes too. Is there a better way to get such insurance? Thanks in advance.

£80 a year is a good price to be honest. Insurance is normally around £10 pm if you buy from the network provider.

Check your home insurance too, some companies include gadget cover.

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

Check your home insurance too, some companies include gadget cover.

Most home insurance policies will offer a mobile phone option or inclusion but the downside is that there will be  a quite high penalty for making a claim and they don't usually offer new for old or like for like.  And your next year's premium will be much higher! 

I think it's worth the £80 for at least the first year for something that probably cost you nigh on a grand.

As with any insurance, shop around for prices and read the small print. I know Apple do one but i'm not sure what it covers and how it stands up against other companies. There are good cases and screen protectors but none are kid proof...or people proof for that matter! (phones in back pockets, never did understand that one but people do it)

Or if you have an "advanced" bank account that you pay a fee for you my get some kind of cover through that.

My other half has this through Yorkshire Bank and it includes cover for unlimited gadgets and 1 mobile phone.

12 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Or if you have an "advanced" bank account that you pay a fee for you my get some kind of cover through that.

My other half has this through Yorkshire Bank and it includes cover for unlimited gadgets and 1 mobile phone.

Yes i got a new phone free from the bank when i lost mine / Or should i say i had it stolen most likely whilst i was out

Edited by spider1