Brentford Fc V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

5 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Chansiri's not even a Director of his dad's Company is he? I've not seen him listed as 'important' on any Company listing, or on Company Headings. I think he just puts the labels on the tins!!  😅

It's not like you to be so cutting Graps! Take your foot off of our heads, there's a good chap. We're drowning as it is, without Blade interference. 

Sorry Hotty pal,  it never rains but it pours eh?, I mean, as t'owd Top name changer said, even the Blades lost 2-0 away to Liverpool, so it happens to all of us.  Anyway,  something is seriously wrong at your club, your manager knows it but won't say it in public, he was on Quest, after the goals highlights, and said the club has "deep rooted" problems.

And as for the bloke on here calling for Monk to be sacked and Allerdyce brought in, or Redknapp, both known for taking a bung, they would fit in quite well with the book fiddling.

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you, this is the poorest  Championship in years, you have only won one game in the last ten in the league, but are nowhere near the bottom three.

Leeds went through a horrendous spell but never dropped out of the top two (from memory), strange league this season. 

A bloke on Praise and Grumble said that Chansiri reminded him of Eric Taylor & compared him to a dictator when it comes to running SWFC? 

However, SWFC do appear to have a great deal of problems.  Players that fans want to get rid of but you'll struggle to get rid of due to contracts / high wages.  You've apparently got keeper Dawson on a 4 year contract, for example. 

The wage bill has apparently tripled under Chansiri but its clearly not been spent on quality.  

The team is now separate from the actual ground since Chansiri sold it to himself.  Not a very attractive buying point for any potential buyer looking to take over, having to do two separate deals & then having to spend additional money to improve the facilities. 

The Wednesdayite was also berating Radio Sheffield for not questioning Chansiri on the running of then club until it was pointed out that Radio Sheffield has asked Chansiri for interviews on a number of occasions but he continues to turn them down, preferring to control his own media statements & is therefore never really questioned about his running of the club. 

Edited by Baron99

2 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Sorry Hotty pal,  it never rains but it pours eh?, I mean, as t'owd Top name changer said, even the Blades lost 2-0 away to Liverpool, so it happens to all of us.  Anyway,  something is seriously wrong at your club, your manager knows it but won't say it in public, he was on Quest, after the goals highlights, and said the club has "deep rooted" problems.

And as for the bloke on here calling for Monk to be sacked and Allerdyce brought in, or Redknapp, both known for taking a bung, they would fit in quite well with the book fiddling.

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you, this is the poorest  Championship in years, you have only won one game in the last ten in the league, but are nowhere near the bottom three.

Leeds went through a horrendous spell but never dropped out of the top two (from memory), strange league this season. 

I'm passed worrying Graps. I've never been so 'not bothered' in my life. Survival is paramount. Just one minute spent in the 3rd Division is a minute too long. That said, if they're not bothered, why should I be? They've embarrassed us for the past couple of years, cringingly so these last 2 months, and I've got more pressing things concerning me.

It's like spitting (?) in to the wind......... futile.

6 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I'm passed worrying Graps. I've never been so 'not bothered' in my life. Survival is paramount. Just one minute spent in the 3rd Division is a minute too long. That said, if they're not bothered, why should I be? They've embarrassed us for the past couple of years, cringingly so these last 2 months, and I've got more pressing things concerning me.

It's like spitting (?) in to the wind......... futile.

It's only football mate, no need to let it worry you, or anybody else.

I don't watch your club (apart from highlights on Quest on a Sunday morning), so not sure where the problem lies.  I don't believe it is the manager, Monk can only watch from the sidelines.  The players (watching the highlights this morning) just aren't interested, which is a slap in the face for the paying supporters.

Wednesday pal of mine thinks Bullen is a bad influence behind the scenes, no idea if this is correct or not.

18 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

A bloke on Praise and Grumble said that Chansiri reminded him of Eric Taylor & compared him to a dictator when it comes to running SWFC? 

However, SWFC do appear to have a great deal of problems.  Players that fans want to get rid of but you'll struggle to get rid of due to contracts / high wages.  You've apparently got keeper Dawson on a 4 year contract, for example. 

The wage bill has apparently tripled under Chansiri but its clearly not been spent on quality.  

The team is now separate from the actual ground since Chansiri sold it to himself.  Not a very attractive buying point for any potential buyer looking to take over, having to do two separate deals & then having to spend additional money to improve the facilities. 

The Wednesdayite was also berating Radio Sheffield for not questioning Chansiri on the running of then club until it was pointed out that Radio Sheffield has asked Chansiri for interviews on a number of occasions but he continues to turn them down, preferring to control his own media statements & is therefore never really questioned about his running of the club. 

For someone who brought Derek Dooley, Ron Springett, The 1966 World Cup to Hillsborough and known as " The Greatest Wednesdayite of the All"   don,t sound remotely like Chansiri. I rest my case. 

21 hours ago, Grappler said:

It's only football mate, no need to let it worry you, or anybody else.

I don't watch your club (apart from highlights on Quest on a Sunday morning), so not sure where the problem lies.  I don't believe it is the manager, Monk can only watch from the sidelines.  The players (watching the highlights this morning) just aren't interested, which is a slap in the face for the paying supporters.

Wednesday pal of mine thinks Bullen is a bad influence behind the scenes, no idea if this is correct or not.

It's down to good players, who are not bothered by how many we lose by, or how embarrassing their performances are for the supporters.

I don't think winning is in their vocabulary any more to be honest.

I'm not bothered if it's Monk,  Bullen,  Chansiri, the Canteen workers, the Groundsman, Hutchinson, Westwood or anyone else.

The most important people at Hillsborough, bar none, are the fans.

At the moment, the 200 fans that are left are quickly losing interest.

Yep, I did say 200. Slight exaggeration  I know, but you never know.

thanks for that common sense statement,you see many are off,dont want to get injured and off to a new team,some just want to go,others get sucked into mentality and whats that leave in our case not a lot,this awfull business of the points deduction looming,cannot spend,terrible ground that needs cash,a man who wants to spend ,but not allowed,no real football brain to advise,somethings got to change and soon

I wonder if changing the match day tune on Saturday to the Stranglers "Something better change" might be give the players a hint.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

thanks for that common sense statement,you see many are off,dont want to get injured and off to a new team,some just want to go,others get sucked into mentality and whats that leave in our case not a lot,this awfull business of the points deduction looming,cannot spend,terrible ground that needs cash,a man who wants to spend ,but not allowed,no real football brain to advise,somethings got to change and soon

I'm not sure I trust the person who decides 'who goes and who stays'.

For instance, I don't agree that Pelupessy is one of the top 4 midfielders at S6, that Lees gives a stuff, or that Dawson is our best 'keeper. De Cruz has to improve by 80% to be reasonable. It appears that our newest signings have immediately adopted the 'we're not bothered either' mantra. The players don't have to perform to get a move elsewhere. Potential suitors are aware of the players' qualities and weaknesses. Until we get our own Chris Wilder, Ferguson, Atkinson or similar, we're just going to be also rans I'm afraid.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

what do you all think of a double act ,a young up and coming coach ,with a older head to help and secure good signings,some may be loans,some young,some that have a drive to improve,i liked how wolves did it top loan players and if promoted sign them deal,it worked and at the worst ,you send them back and try again.

My choice is currently 8th with Millwall. Decent football. Decent entertainment. Decent results. Recent upsurge and who knows how they'll end up?

Probably higher than Wednesday with happier, more entertained supporters and much more hope.

As we can't steal Managers, I've no idea who to go for. I was most content with Stuart Gray, so I'd bring him back.

We can't possibly do worse than we are doing.

I think Stuart Gray would be a great shout. Not sure if he would want to work under your Mr Chansiri. 

Sacking him was the first mistake (and there were plenty more to come) made by your Thai owner.