Brentford Fc V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

7 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I think Stuart Gray would be a great shout. Not sure if he would want to work under your Mr Chansiri. 

Sacking him was the first mistake (and there were plenty more to come) made by your Thai owner. 

Yep. Carvalhal (Gray's replacement) did a good job for a while. Excellent football, great entertainment, within touching distance of the PL. I enjoyed Carlos' reign. But with hindsight, Gray may have done an even better job. We'll never know.

On 10/03/2020 at 06:35, Hotmale 1954 said:

Yep. Carvalhal (Gray's replacement) did a good job for a while. Excellent football, great entertainment, within touching distance of the PL. I enjoyed Carlos' reign. But with hindsight, Gray may have done an even better job. We'll never know.

Only the relegated teams scored fewer goals than Wednesday in his last season and he was never going to get away with 16 home goals from 23 league games. Carlos was a breath of fresh air in contrast.

9 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Only the relegated teams scored fewer goals than Wednesday in his last season and he was never going to get away with 16 home goals from 23 league games. Carlos was a breath of fresh air in contrast.

I don't always get the love for Grey, he had a reasonable start (mostly away) with a poor crop of players and an ultra defensive style, he's never managed since which tells its own story. The paltry 16 home goals looks even worse when you consider 6 went in against Leeds.

come on lads, its the system at s6 thats at fault not the manager i think it got to carvalhal the same as its got to monk, who was it that said  "IT IS A DEEP ROOTED PROBLEM"

as a add on, carvalhal resigned the managers job at s6.   

4 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I don't always get the love for Grey, he had a reasonable start (mostly away) with a poor crop of players and an ultra defensive style, he's never managed since which tells its own story. The paltry 16 home goals looks even worse when you consider 6 went in against Leeds.

Yea he always seemed too defensive for me but did a decent job with what he had

4 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The six against Leeds was the season before. We lost to Leeds in the last home game of the season.

we have proved we can get a top manager with steve bruce,so we can get another ,just follow the wolves idea it works,top players on loan and only buy if they are good enough easy if we can get a top manager,but you only get one with a top wage,he would in turn save us money,

6 hours ago, bassett one said:

we have proved we can get a top manager with steve bruce,so we can get another ,just follow the wolves idea it works,top players on loan and only buy if they are good enough easy if we can get a top manager,but you only get one with a top wage,he would in turn save us money,

Wolves would have broken FFP rules had they not gone up that season,it was a HUGE gamble,those players they loaned in came with VERY hefty salaries,they had a bigger wage bill than us!

A top manager wont come here,its well publicised only Pullis and Coleman were interviewed along with Monk,youve only got to look at the mess the clubs in both on and off the pitch,and that vibe will transmit to players when it comes to recruitment,theyl give us a wide berth.

Paying top wages is whats got us into the current state,Steve Bruce has already said,hes on LESS money at newcastle then he was at wednesday,his contract was for 2.5 million bud,even Gary Rowetts given us a wide berth pal and gone to millwall instead tells you all you need to know about how the football club is run,and that will be the same across football,even abroad.

Wake up and sniff the reality pal

Edited by staninoodle

5 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Wolves would have broken FFP rules had they not gone up that season,it was a HUGE gamble,those players they loaned in came with VERY hefty salaries,they had a bigger wage bill than us!

A top manager wont come here,its well publicised only Pullis and Coleman were interviewed along with Monk,youve only got to look at the mess the clubs in both on and off the pitch,and that vibe will transmit to players when it comes to recruitment,theyl give us a wide berth.

Paying top wages is whats got us into the current state,Steve Bruce has already said,hes on LESS money at newcastle then he was at wednesday,his contract was for 2.5 million bud,even Gary Rowetts given us a wide berth pal and gone to millwall instead tells you all you need to know about how the football club is run,and that will be the same across football,even abroad.

Excellent post. 

10 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Couldn't of put it better myself. We aren't the attractive prospect some fans seem to think we are.

How do we know Rowett didn't apply for the job, or if he did, then turned it down?

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

How do we know Rowett didn't apply for the job, or if he did, then turned it down?

Id say the fact that Rowett has never been mentioned to have applied or turned down the job, from within the football rumour mill,is a good indication.

Its for certain the people I know that are involved in football,say he wasnt interested,but was proffessional in his comments when asked about the job,but if you listen to what he said,its not hard to draw the same conclusion