Electrical Instalation Condition Report & Consumer Unit

The house I rent out is almost due the 5 yearly EICR, and the system has a plastic consumer unit.

To achieve a 'pass' on the EICR, does this mean the consumer unit has to be replaced with a 18th edition metal one, even though the old one will (I hope) be still proved safe?

I am of the impression that it  would be required only if there is to be major new work done.

Someone has said the comment will be left on the report - a bit like a MOT advisory, which may be frowned upon when we sell in about a year.

Sparkie's & landlord's advice appreciated.

What kind of house? A normal exclusive-let house - like to a person, family or couple (basically, not an HMO) - does not require any electrical safety certificate.

has been a HMO, but now there are only 2 and I have no intentions of increasing tenants before sale later this year.

2 hours ago, Hippogriff said:

What kind of house? A normal exclusive-let house - like to a person, family or couple (basically, not an HMO) - does not require any electrical safety certificate.

From July this year rules are changing= https://landlords.org.uk/news-campaigns/news/mandatory-five-year-electrical-safety-check-regulations-be-enforced-in-england

Cheers mafya, seen it (RLA member).

My house will be empty & on the market, early autumn, so there will be no 'existing tenancy' by April 2021.

Just want to have an EICR done pronto, but do not want to have more expense with a new consumer unit.