Ocd Treatment

Has anybody on the forum ever suffered from extreme OCD and had any successful treatment.  Thanks in anticipation. 

Hello Doyle. In answer to your question of March 2, 2020, it would seem "Not", huh?

I have lived with OCD all of my life, but don't think it is or has been too extreme.

Came to realise that I actually HAD OCD when I was around 45 - 50 years old or so....!!

I mean nobody TELLS you that you have it right? So you just think that what you are doing is normal?

That is/was the case for me, anyhow. Ni mind'eh?

It’s so bad that you are told you are too far gone to help 

14 hours ago, doyle said:

It’s so bad that you are told you are too far gone to help 

Aye sorry to hear that.

Thankfully that wasn't and isn't the case with me and, forunately I am able to cope and deal with it, day by day.

Thankfully not an extreme case.

Who could possibly say it's too far gone? Our brains are amazingly capable of adapting. I know someone who went for residential treatment at Bethlem Hospital in London. It did not offer a total cure but it stopped their OCD being so life-limiting. Might be worth investigating. Good luck.