Sign in to follow this  

Guitarist Looking For Singer Or Band

Guitarist looking for singer. Ability to play an instrument or write lyrics welcome but not essential.

Maybe we’ll start playing our favourite songs with me on acoustic guitar, if it works out then we could get other people on board and I’ll shift to electric guitar or bass.

I have original song ideas and have previously played in duos and bands. I wouldn’t want to be doing popular songs to entertain people, I want to do songs that move us on a personal level.

Favourite old things – John Martyn, Nick Drake, Donny Hathaway, Beck, Can, Bevis Frond, Stephen Malkmus, James Brown, U Roy, Afghan Whigs, Smog, Joni Mitchell, Eno, Jeff & Tim Buckley, Neil Young, Early Hall & Oates, Byrds, Soft Machine...

Favourite newish things – Michael Kiwanuka, Sharon Van Etten, Courtney Barnett, This Is The Kit, Ty Segall, Mark Kozelek, Sia, Field Music, Sufjan Stevens, Weyes Blood…

Also interested in joining established band compatible with above.

Hi, i would be interested in meeting up with you sometime. I used to sing in a band many years ago and looking to get back into it. I've just started playing the acoustic again and writing some songs. I'm into indie/rock mainly oasis, verve, jake bugg etc but like loads more. Just written a song similar to corey taylor snuff  (acoustic version). If you fancy a jam to see how i sound please get in touch. I'm 32 and live in crosspool.

Thanks

Alex

Hi. Also interested and also into indie/rock mainly guitar based as well as acoustic songs. Current interest are Bears Den, Blossoms, but also love anything from Beatles, Neil Young, Bowie, to stuff like Yuck, Lugs. More eclectic but melodic stuff. Would like to try out singing and harmony's, especially in acoustic numbers. Happy as a duo or more as a band of like-minded musicians.

I'm interested if you still need. I'm happy to do vocals play various instruments etc.