Sheffield Wednesday V Manchester City Fc

If Sheffield Wednesday think that last nights performance was o.k. Then god help us. Forget the money, Sheffield Wednesday are the equals of  Manchester City.
Once you start accepting that performance, pack it in.

Would Blades fans accept that performance? Forget  the result, it’s the mindset.

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Going on last night ,i wouldn't imagine the crowds are going to be up to much next season.Apathy has set in big time.

Perhaps one reason for a low attendance was that Owl's fans had to pay extra for this game as season tickets don't count in cup games , (if that's still the case).

Edited by St Petre
add

2 hours ago, prince al said:

If Sheffield Wednesday think that last nights performance was o.k. Then god help us. Forget the money, Sheffield Wednesday are the equals of  Manchester City.
Once you start accepting that performance, pack it in.

Would Blades fans accept that performance? Forget  the result, it’s the mindset.

They accepted the one v. Liverpool which was worse.

17 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

They accepted the one v. Liverpool which was worse.

Weird comparison, considering that the prize for losing 1-0 in the cup is getting eliminated, whereas losing 1-0 at home in the league isn't a terrible result, as the goal difference wasn't damaged too much. 

We actually played well and created chances in that game though, and were genuinely unlucky not to get something, unlike Wednesday who never even tried to attack in a must win game. 

Edited by Moistened

Monk reckons injurys hindered us going more attacking, not sure I buy that as forestieri wasn't injured so could of left him on. Wasn't ideal getting the other two injurys but shouldn't of stopped us being more attacking later in the second half

2 hours ago, Moistened said:

Weird comparison, considering that the prize for losing 1-0 in the cup is getting eliminated, whereas losing 1-0 at home in the league isn't a terrible result, as the goal difference wasn't damaged too much. 

We actually played well and created chances in that game though, and were genuinely unlucky not to get something, unlike Wednesday who never even tried to attack in a must win game. 

There are very few teams in Europe that could beat Manchester City in a one off game,  a beleaguered out of form Championship team is hardly going to trouble them, play it tight and hope for a break or a bit of luck from a set piece might get you something, confidence is low at S6 a hammering would have put it on the floor and with a potential relegation battle looming (should a points deduction happen) that’s the last thing that’s needed.

It was the Liverpool game at Anfield I was referring to (I should have made that clear), it was one of the most one sided Premiership games of this (or any) season.

Derby County are a beleaguered Championship team who may have a relegation battle (should a points deduction happen) but they gave Man Utd a real game last night. Attacking whenever possible.

They lost. But the crowd (no empty seats  there) must have gone home proud that their side had given it a right go. 

54 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Derby County are a beleaguered Championship team who may have a relegation battle (should a points deduction happen) but they gave Man Utd a real game last night. Attacking whenever possible.

They lost. But the crowd (no empty seats  there) must have gone home proud that their side had given it a right go. 

Spot on .

Who pays to watch a team with little intent to cross the half way line . Hence the empty seats. 

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

There are very few teams in Europe that could beat Manchester City in a one off game,  a beleaguered out of form Championship team is hardly going to trouble them, play it tight and hope for a break or a bit of luck from a set piece might get you something, confidence is low at S6 a hammering would have put it on the floor and with a potential relegation battle looming (should a points deduction happen) that’s the last thing that’s needed.

It was the Liverpool game at Anfield I was referring to (I should have made that clear), it was one of the most one sided Premiership games of this (or any) season.

Oh aye, the game away against Liverpool was very poor. We offered virtually nothing in that game. 

Edited by Moistened

If George Baldock hadn't suffered that accidental slip in the first couple of minutes at Anfield then we could have possibly fared better.

I emphasise 'possibly'.

Wilder never referred to this but that's the measure of the guy. 

There are managers who look for excuses like  referring to 'goals' against being offside.

Wilder just gets on with it. 

On 05/03/2020 at 19:35, atticus said:

Going on last night ,i wouldn't imagine the crowds are going to be up to much next season.Apathy has set in big time.

Used to be 25-30 of us went to away games back when Gray was manager,its around half that nowadays,3 or 4 no longer go to home games I can quite easily see that being 13 or 14 next season based on our conversations over recent months and its not just the dissapointment of this season,its the sum of all things and the delusion from above.

Id love to see how many 10 yr tickets went LOL poor buggers

17 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Dear oh dear, once again you talk nonsense and give people an easy "tap-in"

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/847373