Carphone Warehouse Returns Policy

So.. I went to crystal peaks today and bought my other half a phone (now for sale in the classifieds). He decided he didn't want the phone and I rang carphone warehouse to see if it was possible to get a refund. The box is still sealed (their security seals), but their t&c state I can't return it! I don't understand why if I've paid for something, I'm not allowed to return it, in the exact state I purchased it in. Apparently, it's only the sim only phones this applies to which I think is ridiculous.  I'm now stuck with a phone I don't need, I can't return and I'm not going to get the money back for. Does anyone know why they do this?

I don't think you're entitled to a refund unless the goods are faulty. I always ask if I can return an item before I buy it. Most shops do give refunds but unfortunately unless that's their policy there's not a lot you can about it. ☹️

I would have thought they would have told me if I wasnt allowed, also nothing on the 'receipt' to say otherwise. I say receipt like this because it was a piece of paper with my name on and the item I bought. Its unusual to not be allowed to return something in my history of buying things. I'll learn not to buy him stuff in future 😂 10 years ish together and still not learnt!

Edited by bertyboop

If store bought goods are not faulty, you cannot return them generally.... (even sealed/unused) - it's down to the individual store/company if they will accept unopened returns etc...

If purchased online or over the phone, you generally have 14 days to return (you can return to a store)

Edited by Ghozer